Monday, February 06, 2006

Crossing the Finish Line Strong

It has been on my heart lately that we should make every effort to cross the finish line strong so that we 2Peter1:11 "will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." This is important for us who are really committed to pleasing our Lord and Savior. If time is as short as I think it is, we need to get serious, focused and ready to meet our beloved Jesus. I say we need to think about crossing the finish line strong like runners running a race. What does the bible have to say about this race we are running?

Acts 20:24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

1 Corinthians 9:24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Galatians 2:2I went in response to a revelation and set before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. But I did this privately to those who seemed to be leaders, for fear that I was running or had run my race in vain.

Galatians 5:7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?

2 Timothy 4:7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Hebrews 12:1[ God Disciplines His Sons ] Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

A race has been marked out for us, so let us run it with perseverance. Those of us who have run for any significant distance know what it takes to finish a long race. It takes perseverance, focus, strength, and raw determination. You can't cross the finish line of a marathon "half wanting" to win. You have to want the prize really really bad. Let's cross the finish line strong~brother D