Tuesday, August 05, 2008

His Glory

Ephesians 3:21

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Think about this one really hard. The glory belongs to the Lord, but where does his glory reside? IN THE CHURCH which by definition is the literal body of Christ. His glory should be IN US. How can his glory be in us? By us being "in Christ." Go to an online version of the bible and lookup the term "in Christ," see how many times that phrase pops up. Pack a lunch before you do it, it will take awhile.

Think that's an important phrase? Yea. A person is "saved" when they die "in Christ." Some will never taste death, as long as they REMAIN "in Christ." What's our purpose as the body of Christ? Is it to "get involved" in politics, social movements, and being eyeballs deep in the world? Hardly. Our purpose is to glorify the Father THROUGH Christ. This is something the apostate church has missed by miles. We were created FOR HIS GLORY. There is no higher purpose for us other than to bring him that glory that He deserves. Being "in Christ" is the starting point, we must remain in Christ in order to fulfill the purpose of bringing the father glory. How do we remain in him? Faith and obedience.

John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch
... Remain in me, and I in you. As the branch can't bear fruit by itself, unless itremains in the vine, so neither can you, unless you remain in me

John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in
... If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will askwhatever you desire, and it will be done for you.

John 15:6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown
... If a man doesn't remain in me, he is thrown out as a branch, and is withered; andthey gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned

John 6:56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides
... he who is eating my flesh, and is drinking my blood,doth remain in me, and I in him

John 15:9 "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also
... According as the Father did love me, I also loved you, remain in my love

Why would the Lord command us to "remain in him?" Because its possible not to remain in Him. Does it take a college degree to figure that out? You cannot bring the father glory if you are not "in Christ".... period. Read your bibles, figure out for yourselves what pleases the Creator, what brings him glory and DO IT. That's what you and I were created to do. Time is short, pray for all the brothers and sisters. grace and peace