Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Glory of God

I asked the Lord today what he would have me say to you. What he gave me sums everything up in life to a neat package. People have often wondered what is the meaning of life? What should I be doing now? What would the Lord have me do today? What should I believe? What work should I pursue and a million other questions.

What is the answer to all the questions of life? What is the meaning of our lives? The glory of God is the meaning of our life. Search no more:

Isaiah 43:7
everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

We were created for his glory. That's the meaning of life. What should we be doing today? Seeking his glory. Does reading his word glorify him? Yes, okay so do that. Does getting down on your knees in adoration and praise and prayer glorify him? Yes, so do that. Does living by faith not by sight glorify him? Yes, okay so do that. Read his word, find out what he said to do and do it, that brings glory to him, so that is what you are supposed to do.

His glory is what all of this is about. As with many other things written to us in the word of God, this is not hard to understand. You don't need some advanced degree to "get it."

Seeking the glory of God is what I hear from the Lord today. What we are supposed to be doing is focusing on him, on what glorifies him. Returning to the basic fundamentals of the faith glorifies him so do that. Pick up your bibles, get down on your knees and seek him who will never ever lie to you, never deceive you, and will always love you. Seek the glory of God and watch how everything else in your life takes care of itself...Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

grace and peace