Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010

I wanted to post today to let you know how the Lord has been dealing with me. The past 3-4 months or so have been about staying focused. There are so many things in this world that pull our attention to the left and right and everywhere else, and being the human that I am, my attention does wander, which requires daily refocus.

Our walk with the Lord truly is a daily thing. The enemy is constantly trying to derail our walk with the Lord and he is subtle about it. He hides his attacks in subtle things, in subtle thoughts that he fires into our heads. Recently a couple of reminders of past sin popped into my head and the Lord immediately popped in after each one saying "that was an attack." Had I not heard that I would have been left to ponder the error of my previous ways. The Lord tells us in Psalm 103 though that our sins have been removed from us as far as the east is from the west, so we can move on. Today is not yesterday. Tomorrow is not today. Each day is a fresh start. Each day is a day to evaluate where we stand and refocus if we have been distracted.

This life can be a battle at times, and the bulk of the fighting is done between our two ears. War requires us to think like soldiers, endure hardship, be courageous and most of all be patient. We are at war, that's for sure. We must decide for ourselves what we believe, what's most important to us and when we get distracted or pulled off course we need to readjust and head back in the direction we know we should be going.

This life appears to be a serious of peaks and valleys, like a sine wave. We seem to learn a heck of alot more at the bottom of these cycles then we do at the top. Again, this requires the attitude and thinking of soldiers. We are soldiers but we do not war as this world does with carnal weapons.

2 Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

The Lord has used the past months to teach me, to get me to correct my ways before him, rather to "perfect" my way before him. Knowing myself like I do, this will certainly be a lifelong work :-).

The Lord has adjusted my focus from the apostasy of the church, the "end is near" to perfecting my way before him. I am amazed and very thankful at how patient he has been with me. What a wonderful God we serve. He can be a gentle taskmaster if we will remain broken and humble before him. This perfecting of his people could be the Lord's last act of grace to his people before he shows up for us. At this point I have no earthly idea how long it will be for the Lord's return. He has shown me clearly now how long he can drag out events that seem to be teetering on the brink of collapse, to make them last however long he wants them to. Again, this is another proof to me that our God is in absolute control of everything. He determines the times and seasons of events, not the illuminati, not the president of the US, not the bilderburger groups, not the satanists, not Isreal/the Jews/the Zionists etc etc etc. OUR GOD ALONE determines the timing of things.

We must be ready for him to return today. We must also be prepared to wait to live out our entire lifetime and still not see his coming. Let us be patient then, maintaining the true faith that we ourselves read in the bible. Lets be responsible for correctly handling the word of truth and cease endless debating that leads men nowhere. Let us perfect our way before our God because he is WORTHY of our BEST and he loves us.

The last thing I have for you today is this: our God hears and answers prayers. That's a fact. He does not answer in your time, he answers in his time so be patient, but expect answers. Believe that you have received the things you ask for in prayer and they shall be yours:

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

These are the things that have been on my mind for months now. I will try to post more often. We are dearly loved children, remain "in Christ," keep the faith, be patient, adopt the attitude of soldiers who are not of this world.

May the Lord bless you and keep you and prosper you even as your soul prospers. Grace and peace.