Sunday, September 05, 2010

Encouragement to Pray

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ... Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. ...

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I want to encourage you today, to pray and not give up. Our God is a God who ANSWERS PRAYER. If there is a theme to my life, any common thread at all, it would be that this God that we find in the bible has stood by me and has heard and answered my prayers over and over and over again.

This writer must remind you, that I am nothing. The focus here is a faithful God who does what He said He would do. We have been given many promises and our God intends to fulfill everyone of them.

PRAY without ceasing, and offer your prayers with faith.

It is this writer's experience these days that the Lord is doing a work of encouragement. That encouragement has filled me up and is overflowing now to you. What more can be said about this? Ask, seek, knock. Do not give up. Persevere, remember the story of the unjust judge. Be obedient.

I routinely ask the Lord about the future, as I have recently about the feast of Trumpets coming up this month. What am I hearing about it? Nothing. What I am hearing from the Lord is to persevere in the basics of the faith, the fundamentals. Pray in faith, believe that you have received what you ask for. Simple and straight from the Word.

Why have I not heard anything about the future? I believe its because if we take care of the fundamentals today, the future will take care of itself tomorrow.

grace and peace