Wednesday, January 08, 2014

As We Near The End

It has been weighing on my heart, what we should be doing for the Lord during the days we have left here on earth.  I believe I heard clearly from Him yesterday, and the answer is for me but it appears to have broad applicability:

1.  Spend time with the Lord, get to know Him better
2.  Do whatever good works your hands find to do
3.  Remember number #1.

That's it.

Even if we were to spend every minute of every day with Him from now through the end of this world, we would not scratch the surface of understanding the treasures hidden away in our God.


Does this resonate with the Word?  Yes.

Luke 10:25On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mindc ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d ”
28“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. Do this and you will live.”

... May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow
in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

If you go back up and review that list 1-3 that I believe the Lord gave me, you would think that's not too hard right?
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Thanks be to the Lord our God for His counsel and His wisdom as it concerns His children.

grace and peace