Saturday, May 16, 2015

We Can Move Heaven And Earth With This

1 Thess 5:

16  Rejoice evermore.
17  Pray without ceasing.
18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

This ^^ is a very simple formula that can, has, will move heaven and earth.  If we want the ear of our Lord we have to approach Him His way, not ours.  Once we learn to do things His way we will understand the wisdom behind and it choose His way willingly over our own.

The Lord does not like murmuring, whining, grumbling, complaining.  Israel and the Old Testament were given to us as examples (1 Cor 10:1-11). 

Num 1426And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 27How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me. 28Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you: 29Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

Once again this comes back to the knowledge of God, knowing our God.  What does the Lord like?  What does He not like?  Which way are we choosing?

Do you need a miracle?  Do you need a prayer answered? 1.  Rejoice (always) 2.  Pray (without ceasing) 3.  Give thanks for everything.

Notice that this ^^ has faith and patience built into the equation.

How simple is this?  To add to this, the brother who writes to you can add his testimony to it.  Each miracle I have seen, and there have been many, have involved these 3 things.

Do things His way and see what happens.  Be faithful and patient and the Lord WILL answer you.  Why?  Because He said He would.  That's it.

Matt 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

 There are no exceptions to this ^^.  If there are exceptions it is our exception not His. People abort their miracle/prayer by giving up (faith, patience).  How and when your answer to prayer/miracle show up are the Lord's providence alone.


Isa 30:18Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!

 How long do you have to wait?  As long as it takes to get your answer.

Psalm 25:5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Proverbs 8:34 Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily ...
... Blessed is the person who listens to me, watches at my door
day after day, and waits by my doorposts. ... 
 

 
... For God alone I patiently wait; he is the one who delivers me. ... [For the choir director;
according to Jeduthun; a psalm by David.] My soul waits calmly for God ...
 
... No one who waits for you will ever be put to shame, but all who are unfaithful ... Neither
let my enemies laugh at me: for none of them that wait on thee shall be ...

The Lord has given this nobody who writes to you a testimony and that testimony is the Word of the Lord can be trusted.  Yes you will suffer while you wait.  Yes it will be difficult to hang onto your faith as the enemy tries to steal your answer.  Yes, the world will tell you to just give up.  Yes sometimes it will feel like your guts are turning inside out as your feelings and emotions betray you as you hang onto your faith for dear life.

And when you have waited long enough, when you have suffered enough through your fiery trial, then your answer will show up.

Let us close where we started:

1 Thess 5:

16  Rejoice evermore.
17  Pray without ceasing.
18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Do these things ^^ and be patient, be faithful and you will add your testimony of prayer answered, miracle received to the cloud of witnesses (Heb 12:1) that surround us.

grace and peace