Sunday, February 08, 2009

Deaf to the News

As we hear the same drumbeat of bad news, I think I've already become desensitized to it. All we hear are the same names, the same problems, over and over again 24/7 from the talking heads of the lamestream media. Yea, I still keep an eye on it, but there's only so useful the lamestream media propaganda machine is for us. With that in mind, I think the flip side should also be true. It is very useful to feed ourselves the truth and promises of the Word of God daily.

When the promises of God become more real to you than the "5 senses" world around you, you know you are on the right track and you routinely good things happen to you even while the whole world around you is falling apart. A long time ago when I was first "in Christ" I started my days just reading the Psalms for strength. During some of the worst, most trying times of my life, the Psalms were like medicine for my spirit and soul. Here again, at this time, during these last days I find myself drawn to them again.

When you look at the tremendous promises within the Psalms, and you consider the fact that its easy reading, I understand why they keep drawing me back. Not only are the promises great, I can tell you from first hand experience, they are full of POWER and the Lord delivers on them. That's a fact, based on a lifetime of personal experience.

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Think about the most fortified, high on a hill, impregnable fortress that's ever existed in the history of the world, then multiply that by 1,000,000,000,000 and that's the safety and peace factor you have when you enter the fortress that is HIM. He is a literal fortress. When you are "in Him" "In Christ" you are literally in that fortress. Today, there is no fortress, anywhere on this earth that offers this, nowhere. If people want "peace and safety," then instead of turning to the world for it, perhaps they should consider him who made the world, that is..our Lord.

I want to encourage you this morning. Terrible times are ahead. Things that are about to happen on this earth will be unbelivably bad. Not only will the "things coming on this world" cause mens hearts to fail them from fear, but also the 'normal' human terrors of martial law, concentration camps with mothers are ripped from their children, never to see each other again..that kind of stuff is coming again. Talk about heart breaking horror, to be ripped apart from your kids by soldiers, never to see them again? Watch shindler's list or other WW2 documentaries that portray "the camps" and you'll start to understand what's coming again for this world.

The saddest part about all of what's coming is, it did'nt have to be this way for many people. The train wreck of human history that's just ahead of us on the tracks is entirely avoidable. Yea the world, and many elements of babylonian churchianity will argue that you have to ride this train straight into the wall, but our bibles tell us a different story. My bible tells me of an escape from all that's about to happen (luke 21:36). My bible tells me of a fortress and a refuge from all the death and dying that's coming:

Psalm 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

^^^did you read that? Ten thousand fall at your right hand, a thousand at your left, yet you remain untouched by it. That's not the Lord's "opinion" its not "wishfull thinking" its FACT. The God we worship is a God of POWER and anything he says he will do, is done, period. I've already seen it in my own life, to me its rock solid fact, and I'm a nobody, question is, do you believe? Where is your heart? How much faith do you have? Which is more real to you, the promises of the Eternal King, or the endless blabbering of the information prostitutes on tv?

So the economy is imploding, so the housing market is in a death spiral, so the US is building concentration camps for its own people, so the "powers that be" are preparing humankind to meet demonic supermen/aliens/angels in broad daylight.....so what? I've got promises, and I dwell inside a fortress whose name is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I don't defend the fortress, HE DOES, and if anyone wants a piece of those inside the fortress, they have to get through legions of holy angels and the most fearsome battle general in all eternity..OUR GOD.

You and I will stand of fall based on our faith. Everything going on around you today is a battle for your heart, they know it rules your head. Without faith, your heart will betray you. Today, while the worst has not arrived, ask this eternal God for more faith. Repent of any garbage that's snaring your walk with him. Time is short guys, there will not be time to do a cliffs notes version of "get to know Jesus" when the train of humankind derails in the near future. The time to get to know Jesus is today, right now. You do not need men to know Jesus, just like I did'nt need another man to get to know my wife. We came to know and love each other with no "outside help" involved. With Jesus, we do it the same way, us and him alone. Any man who tries to weasel his way between you and Jesus (pastoral system/clergy/laity..nicolaitan) is an enemy, a thief and an idolater bent on spiritual adultery, don't let it happen..

You are dearly loved, remain "in Christ" our rock and high fortress against the storm that's coming...grace and peace