Thursday, November 05, 2009

Proof of God's Existence

I wanted to write you today to share a thought. I have proof of God's existence. My proof is every prayer I have prayed and received an answer to. When the atheist and the other scoffers point the finger and tell us that we can't prove God exists, they are only correct as far as their statements apply to themselves. We cannot prove that God exists to them, but we can prove it to ourselves.

How does anyone else know how many times I have cried out to the Lord, offered up prayer and those prayers have been answered? Nobody knows that but me, but proving things to ourselves is of great worth, it builds our faith. Answered prayer is not the only proof of God's existence, all creation is proof that he exists. Everything around us had to be created by someone. Evidence of design is everywhere. The entire universe screams at the top of its lungs RANDOM DOESN'T WORK HERE.

Today's godless generation is fond of tossing about the idea that "universe" is in charge of everything that happens, but my first question is: who created "universe?" That's about where the conversation ends because the only answer they can give is "I don't know." We do know who created all things, our God did. The atheist can't prove he didn't and my thousands of answered prayers as well as all my senses that interact with this design filled world prove that he did.

I write to you today to tell you that our God exists, and he still answers prayers. Our God knows what you need, he knows we live in a temporal world with temporal needs like food, clothing, water etc. We are told to "seek first the kingdom of God" and all those temporal things we need will be taken care of for us. Seek his face, open his word and read it. Go to your knees and thank the Lord for everything you can think of to be thankful for today. The answers to all of life's question are "in Christ." It sounds so simplistic but its oh so true. My entire life is a testimony to answered prayer. If the Lord watches over and protects and delivers a pathetic nobody like me, what will he do for you?

I truly am one of the least of the brothers in the family of Christ, but I'm trying. I'm the least of the brothers but I do have a testimony that may be worth something to somebody reading this right now. This brother points you to the High and Lofty One, the Eternal God, the Almighty. Seek him and you will find him when you seek him with all your heart.

grace and peace