Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Expect the Very Best From the Lord

I was just on my knees in prayer and this one came across my mind and I had to write it down before I forgot. The Lord has peppered my mind with this phrase over a series of weeks now and it is only now that I am posting it.

This goes hand in hand with the last post here about the character of God and the pre-tribulation rapture of the saints. Somewhere along the way, someone, some organization, some spirit sold people on a bizarre and sick view of our God. At a time when the world is suffering incredibly, should we not expect the very BEST from our Lord? If not, why not? This really gets to the heart of the matter. What is your view of this God we read about in the bible? Do you really know Him? If you do not really know Him, then you really won't know what to expect from Him. Are you still with me here?

I need to say it again right here, expect the best from our Lord. If you are "in Christ" and at peace with Him, you should expect our Father's mercy, kindness and generosity. I would advise you to couple this expectation with an extreme sense of humility, thanksgiving and praise or your expectation might turn into demand and then you'll be in trouble (many today find themselves in that position).

We are children of the Most High God, do you have any idea what that means? We are inheritors of the Kingdom, along with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, can you wrap your mind around that? We will be seated WITH CHRIST..ON HIS THRONE in heavenly places, do you have any idea how glorious that will be? Who are we that our Lord has been, and will be so good to us?

Rev 3:20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

There's that door in heaven we see over and over again, Matt 25, Rev 4, here in Rev 3, and other places I cant remember right now :-)

Expecting the very best from the Lord ties in directly with our outlook on rapture timing. Who are these people who expect to go through the tribulation, do they know the Lord? Really? Intellectual knowledge of the scripture is meaningless. I don't care if you have a PhD, ThD, ABCD or any other degree behind your name, that doesn't mean you know squat about the Lord. Proof? Satan intellectually knows the bible word for word, all of it, and yet he clearly doesn't "get it."

Most people will not make it into heaven. I don't know what the percentage is, I don't know what the numbers are, I just know for a fact that few will make it. How do we know this, re-read Matt 7:13-28, read the Lord's words to the churches in Rev 2-3 and the entire history of Israel. Its always a remnant that is saved. The Word says that our God would have all men to be saved, unfortunately, men choose other paths for themselves.

Expect the very best from the Lord.

Noah did not spend one second treading water during the flood. Lot did not brush a single fiery ember off his clothes when Sodom burned to the ground. We should expect the EXACT same experience for ourselves here in these last days. In Luke 17 and Matt 24 our Lord tells us that His coming will be EXACTLY like it was in the days of Noah and Lot. The stories of Noah and Lot involved the righteous being spared the judgement that came upon the wicked instead.

Expect the very best from the Lord.

Noah and Lot were not even in the age of grace as we are now. Noah and Lot did not have the Son of God advocating for them at the Father's right hand as we do now. Noah and Lot were not Spirit indwelt believers as we are now. So again, why should we not expect to escape the fiery tribulation that lies ahead of us?

Expect the very best from the Lord.

Many people claim to know the Lord, but they do not know Him. Another more incriminating way to say it is, He does not know them:

Matt 7:21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

These many call themselves christians today. These many teach all kinds of doctrines that will not benefit themselves or those who hear them. These people cannot judge what is written in the Word of God correctly because the fear and knowledge of the Lord IS the beginning of wisdom and understanding. If they don't know Him, they have no understanding, and no understanding means they have no correct interpretation.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding.

Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

I can tell you that with all my heart, I am expecting the very best from the Lord. What's happening outside is secondary. Its whats happening inside of us that is primary. The Lord has been very good to me and my family. That does not mean I am special, it means HE IS FAITHFUL. What is written here is for you, to edify in accordance with the Word which tells us:

Romans 14:19
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification

There is an escape from all coming (Luke 21:36). There is an event coming that will be EXACTLY like the escapes of Noah and Lot who did not for a second have to deal with the judgements that came on the wicked in their day. I don't care what you call it, how you twist it, or how many 200 page e-books you write, if I have the same experience that Noah and Lot had, I did "escape all."

grace and peace