Monday, May 07, 2012

Day 49 of 80

Today is day 49 of 80 watching to see what happens.  In this window we have seen a couple mega-quakes, some very large quakes, strange sounds heard all over the world, dead and dieing animals worldwide, very weird weather patterns, massive tornado outbreaks the latest being just outside  Tokyo http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/tornado-strikes-japan-near-tokyo-kills-one-videos/2012/05/07/gIQAS2e87T_blog.html

What we have coming up is major signs in the heavens around the end of May beginning of June.  The transit of Venus is the centerpiece of these signs.  What will happen?  I have no idea I am just watching like you are.  We were told to look up when all these things begin to happen.  Most of the things we see around us I probably don't come close to understanding.  I see things that likely mean something, but I am not sure what.  For example, today I was out walking when down at the end of the street I see a white dove come flying out of the trees and into the middle of the street flying my way.  It was beautiful and it was definitely a white dove and it appeared to be dodging a crow or some kind of blackbird that was flying next to it.  I was staring intently at the white bird trying to be sure of what I was seeing so I didn't really ID the black one.

I thought "how beautiful" and I wondered if that meant anything.  I asked the Lord, "Lord did that mean something?"  I've never seen a white dove fly anywhere close to me ever.  I have no idea if it means anything but it was way out of the ordinary so it filed that in my mind as something to remember.  It is one more thing that keeps me watching even though I don't understand what I am seeing.

Some may say that one thing or another is just the world turning, nothing special.  It is all the things that we see taken together that keep me tuned into a heightened state of watchfulness for the Lord to call us out of here.

One of the things the Lord shared with me recently is our need to find our joy in the Lord daily.  We need to strengthen ourselves in Him daily.  The joy and strength we need we will only find in Him.

Another thing He reminded me of is our need to plan and act as though life will go on "business as usual" indefinitely, while at the same time we must be ready every day to leave this world.  Our mind does not wrap itself around these two ideas easily so we must work at it.

We must be ready to stay here for a lifetime and we must be ready to leave immediately.  This is easy to say and not easy to do.  The wise virgins brought oil with their lamps.  The were ready to meet the bridegroom at any time and prepared to wait for Him.  This is our situation today.

The signs in the heavens are there to keep us watching and ready to meet the Bridegroom.  The signs are not hands on a clock telling us the day or hour of His arrival.  We see enough and know enough from what is happening around us that events in the world have passed the point of no return.  We are certainly on an accelerated path to the opening of the seals of Revelation and all the other events listed in that book.

What is the Lord saying to this servant today?  Be patient, find our joy and strength in Him daily while we wait with endurance and suffering for the arrival of our Master.  We may be waiting a long time or our wait might be over tonight.  We must be prepared either way.  Patient suffering is not pleasant, nobody wants to do it but that is precisely what we have been called to endure.

Ask the Lord for more oil to fill your lamp today.  Please pray for all the brothers, my family and for me as I remember you in my prayers.

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.