Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Answer To Prayer

When we approach the Lord to ask for something in prayer, we have to bring Him something to work with.  Two of these somethings are 1. our faith and 2. His Word.  What is your proof brother D?  What do you mean we have to bring Him something to work with?

Proof 1-All the prayers that seemingly do not get answered.  We live in a day and age filled with grace preachers.  I want to be clear that I thank the Lord for His grace, however the preachers who preach a one dimensional God are in serious error.  What do I mean?  Todays preachers leave out the importance of FAITH.  Example?  We hear all the time that we are "saved by grace."  But is that what the Bible says?  A partial truth is no truth at all.  The Word of God says:

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

People are keen on grace and don't mention faith at all to their shame and loss.  These wolves go so far as to say you can be saved without faith!  Forget my opinion, what does God say! It is by grace you have been saved, through faith.  I see grace AND faith in that statement, they leave one or the other out at their peril.

Proof 2-The centurion brought his faith and received an answer:

The Faith of the Centurion
5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6“Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
7Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
8The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

What do we see here?^^  Our Lord is full of grace and love and mercy, He is willing to do this thing but what does He require of the centurion?  Faith.

If that is not a good enough example, lets try this one:

Mark 6:4But Jesus, said to them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 5And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands on a few sick folk, and healed them. 6And he marveled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

I thank God for His grace and I understand the importance of FAITH.  Do a keyword search for faith in the Bible and see for yourself the importance our Lord puts on it.  Why does this brother write to you today?  To encourage you to do those things that please our Lord and help you at the same time.  I can think of no more encouraging idea or fact than that of answered prayer.  The Lord wants our attention on Him, He wants our faith in Him.

Ultimately all this drama on earth that we call life is about our relationship with Him.  Thats it.  All this other filler that people spend their time on is close to worthless.  If we ask ourselves how much eternal value each activity in our day has we will be shocked at the answer.  This brother is not above anyone else in this area but I think about it.  How much of my daily activity is eternally worthless?  Somethings have to be done regardless (like our work) but the point is to bring some of our day, our thinking and our energy to focus on what is eternally worthwhile.  Prayer, faith and generally attention to the things that please the Lord are worthwhile in an eternal sense.

While we live in this world we will need prayers answered, daily.  This brother does not understand how some people can make it through a single day without the Lord.  Why?  This brother is completely dependent.  I know where my daily bread, and the clothes on my back and the roof over my head comes from...Him.

I write to you to encourage you to bring our Lord your faith and His Word as you ask for the things you need.  When your prayers are answered, you will be overjoyed and you will be an encouragement to others.  Yes, answers may take time but you will get your answer.  How can I be sure of this?

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.


What does the Lord say here ^^?  It WILL be given to you, you WILL find, the door WILL be opened to you.  If you are wondering what part of the Word to take to the Lord along with your faith to get the answers you need, I would recommend taking Matt 7:7 to the throne with you to petition the Lord.

Perhaps your prayer will sound something like "Lord, I bring you my faith and your Word as I believe you for x,y,z.....Lord you said if I ask it will be given, if I seek I will find, if I knock the door will be opened.  You watch over your Word to do it.

Jer 1:12 And Jehovah saith unto me, 'Thou hast well seen: for I am watching over My word to do it.'

So Lord let this thing be done in my life.  If I ask amiss then please guide me in my spirit that I might pray according to your will and receive the answers that I need today.  Thank you Lord for your great goodness to me and my family and all the brothers.  All glory and honor and power be yours forever and ever.  Amen."

There is nothing special about my words, but this is an example.  I pray that your prayers are answered and your faith will be greatly encouraged.  I remember you in my prayers, please remember me and my family that we may all receive grace in our time of need.

grace and peace