Friday, February 21, 2014

An Encouraging Word: Prayer and Answers

I believe the Lord gave me something yesterday that I now share with you regarding prayer and answers to prayer.  This is what the Lord brought to my mind:

Daniel 9:23 At the beginning of your supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to show you; for you are greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.


So what happened here^^?  Daniel prayed and immediately an answer was sent but Daniel didn't get it until later.

Got it, we all know that.  So consider that Daniel was highly esteemed however he did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit sent on pentecost, he was not covered by the blood of the new covenant and he was not seen or viewed as we are now "in Christ."  What's the point?  I have always thought that Daniel was a "superman," but the Lord brought to my remembrance how He now sees us in Christ.

As His children in Christ we are blameless.  He holds us in high esteem as we are forgiven and favored children of the king.  Ok, and how does that relate to prayers and answers?

When we pray the Lord answers just like He answered Daniel but many times we do not see the answer until later.  We are answered progressively not instantly.  It is comforting for me to know that the Lord does not delay our answer longer than He has to.  Sometimes the answer has to fight its way to us.  Sometimes the delay is a test of our faith, but the answer is on the way.

Proof?

... Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye
shall receive, that your joy may be full

Matt 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."


Matt 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

The Lord has brought this to my mind repeatedly since yesterday to put this up here so here it is.  We are a needy people, we must pray because we need answers.  We must have answers from our God who protects us and provides for us.  He knows this.

I hope this encourages you as it encouraged me.

grace and peace