Saturday, June 15, 2024

Good News of 6/15/24

 This world is full of bad news and those who repeat the bad news.  What about the good news?  We hear day and night about the problems, why dont we hear about the solutions?  Today we will hear good news from the Good News:

Ps 50

Hear, O my people, and I will speak;
O Israel, I will testify against you.
I am God, your God.
8Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you;
your burnt offerings are continually before me.
9I will not accept a bull from your house
or goats from your folds.
10For every beast of the forest is mine,
the cattle on a thousand hills.
11I know all the birds of the hills,
and all that moves in the field is mine.

12“If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for the world and its fullness are mine.
13Do I eat the flesh of bulls
or drink the blood of goats?
14Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,b
and perform your vows to the Most High,
15and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

We have promises this world does not have.  What does the Lord tell us here ^^^.  He spends time rebuking but how does He finish? 15and call upon me in the day of trouble;

I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

Are we in days of trouble today?  Yes.  What do we do about it, spin around in circles telling each other how bad the problems are day and night?  No thanks.  Instead we will call upon the Lord our God in this day of trouble because He had promised and cannot lie that He will deliver us and we will glorify Him for it.

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

We have promises ^^^.  The promises of God are our life.

Matt 4:4

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

We live on every Word that comes from the mouth of God.  He is our life, He is our hope, He is our future, He is our victory.  All this nonsense going on around us will disappear like smoke in the wind when the Lord shows up in our situation.  We are dealing with finite problems created by a finite enemy who will get "rightsized" by an infinite God.

Turn off the bad news.  Give the Lord your God your full attention then watch what happens.  The enemy is in serious trouble, whether they know it yet or not.  We are awakening the sleeping giant, which is believers in Christ are in right standing (righteousness) with their Creator and who then stand in their rightful power and authority  (in Christ).

Glory to God

grace and peace