Saturday, January 05, 2008

Lessons From the Churches of Revelation-The Good

Here are the things the Lord commended the churches of Revelation for:

1. No tolerance for evil men/false prophets: ‘I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; 3 and you have perseverance and have endured for My name’s sake, and have not grown weary.

2. Hating the deeds of the Nicolaitans: Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

3. Patiently enduring: ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

4. More patient enduring: ‘I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

5. Love, Faith, Service, Perseverance and Growth (think parable of the talents here): I know your deeds, and your love and faith and service and perseverance, and that your deeds of late are greater than at first.

6. Unsoiled Garments (untainted by the world): But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.

7. Keeping His Word and His Name: I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name.

8. More Perseverance: Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

No comments: