Friday, May 09, 2008

Christianity and Submarines



When a submarine is endangered near the surface of the ocean, either by bad weather or an enemy navy, do you know what is does? It DIVES. Deeper into the ocean. Any of us who are familiar with WW2 movies know this. It does'nt matter how bad the weather is on the ocean surface, if the sub goes down deep enough, it will find peaceful waters. I think there's a parallel there for us, difference is, our "diving" is into the depths of God's Word. When the world, the enemy and the flesh are beating the daylights out of you, when you feel like your peace has slipped away......DIVE, go deeper..into the Word of God. It works, you will find peace there. The Lord will lead you to quiet waters. He said he would, do you believe him?

Psalm 23 >>King James Bible

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.