Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is The Lord Saying Today?

Before I tell you what I hear the Lord saying to me today, I'll tell you what he's not saying:

he's not speaking to me at all about the time of Jacob's trouble/the tribulation/the rapture_escape from all (Luke 21:36), and or the end of the world.

Why is he not speaking to his servants about the end that appears to be near?

1. Maybe its not as near as we think
2. Maybe it is near but he prepares his servants for these things in a different way than we would think

The Lord has dropped this into my heart this morning:

We must figure out how to get these things right before we stand before our Lord:

Focus on Jesus
1. Rejoice ALWAYS in him: Phil 4:4-7
2. Delight ourselves in him: Psalm 37:4
3. Maintain Jesus as our first love...always: Rev 2:4

I'll be honest with you when I say that I am not sure that I have quite figured out how to do these things yet. The Lord has dropped them like a cluster bomb in my heart and my request/prayer back to him is "Lord, please show me how to do this?"

Although I am a bit foggy on the "how" I believe the initial response back from the Lord on "how" is: we will ourselves to do it. We use our God given free will to decide "I'm going to rejoice in my God today, I don't care what the world looks like or what my circumstances look like. As an act of my will I choose to delight myself in my God today, Lord I choose to delight myself in you today, please allow me to do this according to your word today. I choose you as my first love today Lord Jesus, everything I am and every will be, everything I have I lay at your feet that I may have you. You are my treasure in heaven, you are my treasure on earth. I consider all things rubbish in comparison with the surpassing greatness of gaining you, Christ Jesus my Lord and master."

^^This, or something like this being said and meant within our hearts and minds is what our Lord is looking for.

Self Talk
Read your bibles and see the miracles and other ways our Lord has responded to our "self-talk." What we are saying to ourselves is being read directly by our Lord moment by moment and he responds to what we say within ourselves. Example:

Matt 9:18While he was saying this, a ruler came and knelt before him and said, “My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live.” 19Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples.
20Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. 21She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.”
22Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.”
And the woman was healed from that moment.

Conclusion
Our God comes first, every time all the time. We must learn to get this right....rejoice in him, delight in him, maintain your first love. HE is everything. grace and peace