Saturday, December 05, 2009

Huge....Just Huge

This week the Lord spoke to me about:

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

I've read it lots of times but I guess I never really "got it." Here's the interesting part that I believe the Holy Spirit highlighted for me (and now you). It's this idea of the word from the Lord's mouth "returning" to him. Think really hard about this. Think about this idea of the word "returning" to him. How does the word of the Lord "return" to him? How does the word of the Lord "accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it?"

Answer? We pray his word back to him....Think about this, how else does the word of God "return" to him except that we PRAY it back to him? There is no other way.....

We really need to get this idea and start incorporating it into our prayer lives starting now. The word of God was sent to accomplish and achieve purposes in this world. Question is HOW does the word of God accomplish and achieve what it was sent for? It must return to him....and HOW does it return to him? We pray it back to him.

What a simple question: The Lord sent his word but how does it return to him?
What a tremendous answer: We pray his word back to him.

What happens when we pray the word of God back to God? It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

The Lord has made many promises in his word. He has made many SPECTACULAR promises to us. Want an example? How about this:

Psalm 103:1Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits— 3who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

This word says that we are to not forget all the Lord's benefits. Benefits? Yea, that's what it says. Benefits like what? Like he forgives all our sins and heals ALL our diseases. Does the bible really say he will heal ALL our diseases or just most of them? Read it for yourself. The Lord sent that word to "not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

So we have our example of the one of many promises SENT by our God to accomplish a purpose. Question is, is that word/promise that was sent (by the Lord) RETURNING to our God? In your case, only you know that right? Only you know if you are returning the word that was sent to our God in prayer. And...IF the word IS returning to the Lord we KNOW that it will not return to him empty but will accomplish that which it was sent for.

Conclusion

All this was a long way of saying that our Lord sent his word to accomplish things in this world. The way the word accomplishes things is when it is returned to the one who sent it by us in prayer.

As with everything else in our walk on earth, this takes patience and perseverance to see fruit from it. We don't plant a seed today and see a fruit tree tomorrow. Our Lord determines the "how" and "when" prayers are answered. We supply the "what" when we pray. Let's make sure that our "what" is wrapped in as many promises as we can find in the bible when we offer it up to our Lord.

Done for today, keep the faith, grace and peace