Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Time to Get Excited About the Pre-Tribulation Rapture/Harpazo/Escape From All of the Church

I haven't written a post specifically about this in some time. I do believe it is time again.

At the outset here, I want to restate why it is the "other tribber" views cannot be correct in my view. This can be short and sweet because its simple and powerful. I believe the Lord told us at least 14 times to 1. be watching, and 2. be ready for His return. Two of many examples here:

Luke 12:35“Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. 37It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. 39But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”

Mark 13:33Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.


Does the Lord leave any doubt in anyone's mind what we are supposed to do? Watch Watch Watch, be ready, be ready, be ready...for what? HIS RETURN.

Okay, when are we supposed to watch and be ready? Now...continually, every day. Did the Lord tell us not to bother to watch and be ready until sometime in the future? No He didn't, so what does that mean? DO IT NOW.

This, in and of itself sinks and destroys, the mid-trib, pre-wrath, and post-tribulation rapture positions. Why? Their arguments are "non-starters." They don't even get out of the gate. Why?

1. We are told to be watching...NOW-something all of the "other tribbers" refuse to do, because it conflicts with their doctrine. If they were watching today, it would be an admission that their rapture doctrines were false or they are insane, one or the other. Why would they be watching for something their doctrine tells them they will not see?

2. Because they are not watching, they are NOT READY. 37It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night.

^^^It will be GOOD for those servants who are found 1. watching, and 2 ready when He comes. Simple, right?

3. This is the biggest problem I see with the mid-trib, pre-wrath, and post-trib views. They are willfully disobedient. How so you ask? They KNOW that they should be watching and ready today, yet they refuse to do it. Why do they refuse the direct command of the Lord? Because their man made doctrine conflicts with the simple, direct reading of the Word of God and they have chosen the arguments of men over the simple commands of Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry, I just cannot get past number 3 here ^^^. What are the "other tribbers" going to say when the Lord questions them to their face asking "why were you not ready? why were you not watching? Didn't I tell you to be watching and ready?" How O How will they answer?

In case you are wondering, I've read the other arguments the "other tribbers" have for why they think the pre-trib rapture/escape will not happen, and I have solid, convincing evidence that none of their arguments hold any water whatsoever.

I am convinced that the rapture will be pre-trib. I have debated the "other tribbers"for years, going around in the same circles with their same arguments over and over and over again. I am convinced that I will not convince any of them of anything. Want to know why? Knowledge of the truth is taught to us on the inside by the Spirit of God so I'm not going to convince anyone of anything. Spiritual truths are Spiritually discerned? <--That my friends is huge. You can listen to "christian scholars" all you want, read books, surf the web, etc until you are blue in the face and never get one inch closer to the truth. Why? The Word of God is taught to us by the Spirit of God. The truth about the rapture is a spiritual truth, spiritually discerned by the Spirit of God from the Word of God. As always, the many will not "get it."

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach
you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

It is my estimation (I hope that I am wrong) that those who are not watching and ready today and every day will suffer for it.

These people can go ahead and ask me their ultimate question: what if the pre-trib view is wrong? My answer? So what? Guess what I'll do if the rapture happens to not be pre-trib? I will continue to watch and be ready every day just like I am watching and (hope I'm ready) today. I cannot understand what part of "watch and be ready" everyday these people do not understand.

I'm sorry if I just don't see the flaw in watching and being ready every day for the Lord's return.... If He comes back pre-trib, I'm watching and ready, if He comes back Mid-trib, I'm watching and ready, if He comes back post-trib, I am watching and ready for Him...

I am ready to wait for Him, however long it takes for Him to come back, that's what watching and readiness every day will do for you. The other-tribbers, on the other hand, will have some serious problems with the Lord, should their timing not work out.....

Simply put, the pre-trib position has us watching and ready for the Lord's return each and every day and there is no way to "one up" that position. No need for a 200 page book, and even this blog post is way too long to state such a powerful and simple position. Don't watch and be ready today because I say to do it, JESUS told you to do it. Ignore, dismiss, and wave away His commands at your own peril.

I have asked and answered the question of what I and other pre-trib believers will do if the Lord does not come back for us before the tribulation. We will continue to walk in obedience to the Lord's command in watchfulness and readiness, day in, and day out. Question is, what will the "other tribbers" do when they find out that they are wrong? No need for me to write this answer, the Lord answers it Himself....

Matt 25:1“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6“At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7“Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9“‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11“Later the others also came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they said. ‘Open the door for us!’

12“But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’


13“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

I hesitated to even write this post. I asked the Lord as I often do, is this from you? Do you really want me to write this. As I waited for the Lord's answer, the inner witness/impression to write this only grew stronger. We are to wait on the Lord. After we ask Him, we are to wait on Him. I did, and here's the post.

A look around and what's happening in the world today could be an indicator of just how close we are to leaving this place. I have no idea when the Lord is going to come back for us, but I do know that I am waiting patiently at "the door" (Matt 25/virgins, Rev 4/door open in heaven) for my Lord's voice EVERY DAY so that when He knocks I can IMMEDIATELY open it...

Luke 12:36 like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.

I will leave you with this. As I have been waiting on the Lord to write all this, He has repeated in my mind over and over again this scripture. Remember, the Lord is coming back for a pure/holy Bride. We must purify ourselves for Him. How do we "purify ourselves?"

1 John 3:1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,a we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

Grace and peace