Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More on Tithing

Gal 2:19 “For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20 “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 “I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

Tithing was part of the law was'nt it? You know, listening to most of today's preachers you'd think that "tithing" was one of the most important doctrines in the New Testament. When I read my bible however, I find something curiously missing: Jesus never tithed. Paul NEVER instructed us to tithe. Don't you find that VERY strange? Did the Holy Spirit "forget" (as if that were possible) to mention it? Don't you think at least ONCE Jesus or Paul would have thrown a couple coppers into a box somewhere and said something about us tithing like they did if it were as important as today's leechers, i mean, preachers would have us believe?

The giving the church practices is voluntary, from the heart, and generous. Tithing is NONE of those things. If that was'nt enough, I can't recall seeing a single levitical priest EVER in my lifetime, and as I recall, tithing was designed to support that priesthood, not todays wolves in sheeps clothing.

2 Cor 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.

as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity
as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity
as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity

Let that sink in DEEPLY...sounds like tithing to you? not even in the same ballpark.

The enemy came to kill, STEAL, and destroy. Every leecher who tells you to tithe is exploiting you. Next time your pastor asks you to tithe, tell him you can't because you're giving as you've purposed in your heart (see scripture above), so you're giving directly to the poor and watch the expression on his face....I imagine you'll be looking for a new church not long after that conversation...WAKE UP, time is short. Grace and Peace