Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rest

It was posted here recently that the Lord has been on me about rest.  We need to rest while we wait for Him is the bottom line, this is a marathon not a sprint we are taking part in and we are running to win the race:

1 Cor 9:24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

On the topic of rest I believe the Lord brought this to my mind:

Matt 25:1“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.


We are the virgins waiting for the bridegroom.  The Lord has been speaking of rest, what did all the virgins do?  They fell asleep and sleep is what?  Rest.  Also notice that the Lord did not criticize the virgins for sleeping here, the foolish virgins were left out because of lack of oil-not sleeping.

Notice the sequence of events in the parable:

1.  first all the virgins sleep then
2.  the bridegroom's cry goes out then
3.  those who are ready enter the wedding.

Now is the time to rest.  That does not mean we stop watching in readiness.  We must obey all of His commands, especially the command to watch and be ready.  We watch in readiness in a restful state therefore we can do it indefinitely.  This entire year appears to be a time to watch intently.  WW3, economic collapse, and false flag possibilities all appear imminent.  Also next month we start swinging around into the beginning of the earthquake window again.  Nothing however will proceed without the express permission of our Lord.  


I debated whether or not to write this.  In the end the Lord was insistent.  Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.