Monday, March 03, 2008

Ask, Seek, Knock

John14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (notice, He did'nt say WHEN He would do it....He requires patience...:-)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15: 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you (notice the conditional statement here-IF you abide in me.....what does abide mean? 1. To remain in a place.2. To continue to be sure or firm; endure. 3. To dwell or sojourn. Notice it does not mean, I made a decision once 10 years ago, it means ONGOING remaining in place, continual firmness, eduring in Christ...)

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Matt 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

All prayers are answered, not all requests are granted. The answer to your prayers could be yes, no, or wait.....waiting seems to get most people. We want everything NOW. The Creator does'nt work that way. He is a God of perfect timing and He wants us to develop our faith. Strive and Labor in prayer, DON'T GIVE UP! Persist, lay it on Him, bombard Him with requests day and night. Do you think you can overwhelm Him? Remember the story of the unjust judge. Keep soldiering on. Believe that you have received what you ask for in prayer.

In the military communications are EVERYTHING. An infatryman with a rifle is just an infantryman. An infantryman with a RADIO is the enemy's WORST NIGHTMARE. That soldier with communication can call in artillery, airstrikes, more infantry, tanks, nukes..everything. As Christ's soldiers, our communication with "higher headquarters" is called prayer......without prayer, you have...you. With prayer all the power in heaven and earth is available to you. Which will you choose :-)