Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/16 Thirteen Days Till Rosh Hashanah

According to Jewish practice, we are in days that should be all about REPENTANCE.

What happens if the rapture does not happen within 30 days? Tough question? Hardly. We keep watching, we stay ready. We are soldiers, remember that.

2 Timothy 2:3 Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ
... Join me in suffering like a good soldier of the Messiah Jesus.

Soldiering comes hand in hand with patient endurance. I look at the preparation for imminent rapture as a military exercise. We gear up physically and mentally as if its the real thing. If nothing happens, it was a good training event, and we'll be even more ready the next time. You do whatever it is you need to do to get ready. The "escape" is coming, that's not my opinion, thats a FACT. I did'nt say there was an escape from ALL thats about to happen, JESUS DID Luke 21:36. I don't know the day or hour when Jesus will come back for us, only the Father knows. Our Father told us to be ready, Jesus told us to be watching and ready, so salute sharply and execute the orders given to us.
Laugh if you want to. Scoff if you want to. There is coming a time VERY SOON when nobody will be laughing.


What happens if the rapture does take place sometime over the next 13-30 days? That one is harder to wrap our heads around. How does one grasp with the mind being with Jesus 24/7? No more daily grind, no more fighting the flesh, no more tears, no more pain. Does that register with you? How will it feel to always be strong, always feel pure, always feel totally loved and known deeply? What will it be like to not feel any need? What will it feel like to be free of the flesh, to be a spirit? What will it be like to ask any question and get an instant answer thats 100% true, every time? What will it be like to never be lied to again? Our minds cannot concieve of how good things will be.

There are many who mock Jesus' words that there is an escape. They mock the idea that anyone will escape the tribulation. These mockers forget who wrote the bible. They also forget that the tribulation has A PURPOSE. It's not some arbitrary boot camp to make all believers suffer in order to make it into heaven. One of the purposes of the tribulation is to punish the wicked. Another purpose is to bring Israel back to a place where they are "in Christ." The majority of those calling themselves jews today are just like the majority of those calling themselves christians today, they are travelers on the broad way, heading through the wide gate.

Matt 7:13 Go ye in through the strait gate, because wide is the gate, and broad the way that is leading to the destruction, and many are those going in through it; 14 how strait is the gate, and compressed the way that is leading to the life, and few are those finding it!

I can tell you that it brings me zero pleasure to say that. In fact, although I should be overjoyed that the rapture draws very near, I am troubled by all that awaits this world. Ask the Lord to see the way he sees, ask him to allow you to think and feel the way he thinks and feels. When he opens your eyes you'll know what I'm talking about.

I whipped out my e-calculator this morning and calculated what 1% of the world population is......its 60,000,000. Wow. Even if only 1% makes it in, thats still 60 million people. I pray that you, my family and myself will be counted worthy to make it in. I honestly do think that I am the least of my brothers, a nobody, but I don't need to be "somebody." That's the key, people in this world walk all over each other so they can elevate themselves to the status of "somebody." Think about this for a second, we were created for the Father's glory right? We work and strive for his glory, we desire to glorify him....now, think long and hard about this: we are "in Jesus", and Jesus is "in the Father," we in him, him in us, one. The Lord our God is one, remember that? Think about what that means. If God is "somebody" we don't have to be anybody, we just have to be in him. Think about it. It's not about me, its about WE. We are about to find out what family really means.

grace and peace