Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rapture, Lots Wife and You

I asked the Lord last night and again this morning if I should take down that post I put up yesterday on the rapture. Everything inside me says "keep it up." The thought about the rapture post that has percolated into my consciousness is this: If I have even the slightest suspicion, if I have any inkling, any hint that the rapture MIGHT be about to happen, I need to say something. As things stand, I do have a hint, I do have a suspicion that the rapture might be about to take place, so I said something about it. For years now I have believed that the feast of trumpets/rosh hashanah timeframe was a time to be on HIGH ALERT. The rapture could very well take place during that time. As I write this, I have additional hint/suspicion that it might happen. I am prophesying NOTHING, remember that. Maybe the Lord gave me a clue or two, maybe he did'nt, either way, it in no way hurts or does any harm to any believer to be in a heightened state of awareness, and preparedness during this time. If the Lord shows up, well, enough said, if not, you did what you were supposed to be doing anyway...watching and ready.

This leads me to Lot's wife. As part of our preparation to depart, we need to take special note of the Lord's warning in regard to Lot's wife. What did he say?

Luke 17 :30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together

Gen 19:15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city. 16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city. 17 And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed. 18 And Lot said unto them, Oh, not so, my LORD: 19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast showed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die: 20 Behold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live. 21 And he said unto him, See, I have accepted thee concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow this city, for the which thou hast spoken. 22 Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do anything till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
23 The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar. 24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; 25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground. 26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

The bottom line for us who are watching and ready for the Lord's return, is..we have to settle in our hearts that we are done with this world. Think about it, the Lord graciously allowed Lot's entire family to leave Sodom. Lot's wife walked out with her family, and with the Lord, but that was'nt enough for her. There was "stuff" back in Sodom that she was'nt "over" yet, so she looked back. What the Lord is telling us is, when our day to walk/ride..whatever, out of Sodom comes, your heart needs to be done with the world. If you get to leave this filthy place with your God and your family, that needs to be enough. Don't let your heart turn back. If you still have worldly attachments that will cause you to long for the world on the day the Lord comes for us, things might not go well for you, like they did'nt go well for Lot's wife. That's part of being ready. Be ready. Tell your wife or husband to remember Lot's wife, they need to be clued into this as well. I can tell you that I will not be happy if my wife turns back to the world and I see her turn into a pillar of salt, or something worse..NOT GOOD. The Lord warned you about Lot's wife, I'm reminding you of that warning. Laugh if you want to, or be ready, its up to you.

Today is Sept 10, that means theres 19 more days till Rosh Hashanah. You need to be watching and ready today though. Nobody promised you or me that we'll live to see tomorrow. Be watching, be ready, be watching, be ready, be watching, be ready.

The bible clearly says that in the end times, mockers will come, scoffing at our belief in the Lord's return. The bible was right, I see them everywhere. I can tell you that I'm not troubled in the least by these people though. The thought that maybe I am keeping spiritual company with people like NOAH, who endured endless scoffing and ridicule is encouraging.

I will continue to ask the Lord about this issue. I take it seriously, you should too. I am not a prophet or a minister or a teacher, but I am an ambassador of the kingdom. In that capacity, its my duty to convey the kingdom's message, which is what's written by the king of our kingdom, which is the bible.

If..................the rapture does occur sometime over the next 30 days. Think about how good things are going to be. You'll never have a sad day again...EVER, you'll never have a bad day again, EVER. Those in world history who have climbed the heights of worldly success will never come close, not even remotely to how good things are going to be for you when you are in the presence of your God, FOREVER. The message of the bible, and the message of prophecy as stated in the bible was put there to give you HOPE. Anything or anyone who attempts to steal that hope is a thief and an enemy. Be watching and ready, hugs for you all. Grace and peace