Wednesday, September 03, 2008

And This is Love

2 John 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Think about that one. What does Jesus say "love" is? This world throws around that word alot. I read coach Jim Tressel's book recently called "The Winner's Manual." In it, he states that many people equate "love" to what gives them pleasure. I think he nailed it, that's the way this world loves. How does the bible say we should love each other? We love each other by obeying God's commands. How do we love Jesus? By obeying his commands. This world is driven by rewards, we are driven by love. We love first, the rewards follow the love. Here's an excellent example of that:

1 Kings 3
And Solomon said, Thou hast showed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. 7 And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. 8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude. 9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
10 And the speech pleased the LORD, that Solomon had asked this thing. 11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment; 12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee. 13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honor: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. 14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

Solomon asked for an understanding heart, not so he could please himself, but out of love for his God and his people Israel. Love came first, then the Lord heaped riches and honor on Solomon. Gotta put first things first.

We remain "in Christ" through love. What is love? It's obedience.

Prov 3:3 Let not loving-kindness and truth forsake thee; bind them about thy neck, write them upon the tablet of thy heart.

Success in life and success with God are not a destination, they are a pathway. That's why the words "abide and remain" are used so often. You don't "make a decision" one day, then the rest of your life do whatever you want. You abide in Christ, you remain in Christ. The devil probably lived many days at peace with God until one day his heart was lifted up in pride, that day was his undoing. Think you are any different? Watch yourselves, be careful, remain on the path that leads through the narrow gate which is Jesus.

Prov 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Prov 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

Psalm 119:35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

Proverbs 4:14
... Do not enter the path of the wicked And do not proceed in the way of evilmen. ... Do not stray onto the path of wicked people

Proverbs 15:24
... The path of life leads upward for the wise That he may keep away from Sheol below.

Romans 3:17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN."

There are many many more places THE PATH is mentioned in the bible. Each path leads to a gate.

Matt 7:13 13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad the road which leads to ruin, and many there are who enter by it; 14 because narrow is the gate and contracted the road which leads to Life, and few are those who find it.

There's coming a day very soon when nothing else you've done in life will matter. The only thing that will matter is your standing with the Creator, that's it. Do you know him? More importantly, does he know you? I can tell you, this is NOT what you want to hear on the day you meet your maker:

27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

There's nothing more serious we could ever talk about. Are you going to make it in? Should you be concerned about it? The OSAS teachers tell you not to worry about it, you "made a decision" you are all set! Paul evidently did not think the same way:

1 Corinthians 9:27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Does a person who runs a race get ANYTHING if they are disqualified from the race? NO

Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they
... They claim to know God, but they deny him by their actions. They are detestable,disobedient, and disqualified to do anything good

2 Corinthians 13 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

Test myself to see if I'm "in the faith?" Why bother? I have hundreds of thousands of OSAS preachers and teachers telling me I "made a decision" for Christ and I can never be lost!

There are many many commands, much instruction in the bible that becomes meaningless when Once Saved Always Saved is introduced. I ask again, how many people will end up in hell because of this satanic doctrine. I've said it before, OSAS is satan's masterpiece. Do not be deceived. grace and peace