Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flaming Darts

Today the enemy reminded me of a sin I committed in the past. When I thought about it my guts turned I was so sick with myself. Then the Lord reminded me of something he taught me long ago. The Lord asked me "who are you to condemn yourself for something I have forgiven you for?" That's a good question isn't it? When the enemy shoots his fiery darts at us, we are to lift the shield of faith immediately and extinguish them. The enemy loves to torture us with our past sin if we let him.

Ephesians 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of ...
... Above all, taking the shield of faith, where with ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he ...
... As far as the east is from the west, so far has he put our sins from us. ... As the distance of east from west He hath put far from us our transgressions.

If we repent of our sin it is forgotten, GONE. If the Lord has blotted it out and forgotten it, so should you. Don't let the enemy bend you over a barrel and beat you with memories of sin our Lord paid for and did away with on the cross with his blood...

A second point for today ties into what was written here yesterday. Remember what the Lord has done for you. REMEMBER. Thank the Lord every single day for his faithfulness and goodness to us. Remember every single good thing that has ever happened to you and give the Lord thanks for it. Remembering and thanking our Lord for past things builds our faith for todays needs and the needs we will have tomorrow. Our Lord always has a reason for telling us to do things. PRAISE HIM, and REMEMBER what he has done for you....

grace and peace