Monday, October 19, 2009

Delivered From ALL My Troubles

Psalm 34:19
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;

This has been true my entire life. I have been delivered from ALL my troubles. Something to realize here is that in order to be delivered from troubles, you must first have troubles. I am like you, I've had many troubles in this life, but who hasn't?

Our Lord's word is true. We can count on it, we can depend on it. Recently I've had troubles drop out of the sky into my lap by the dozen (seemingly). Through this I comfort myself with the word of the Lord and with the remembrance of all the Lord has already done for me. I write this to you so you may take the same attitude and reap the same benefits. In all our troubles let us REST in the Lord. Let's hand over our troubles to our Lord who has the broad shoulders to take the burdens of the world upon himself and never break a sweat. We can be overwhelmed but our God cannot.

Only the Lord knows what the future will bring, but we know what he has done for us already. Let's remember what he has done let's praise him for it. Lets take a dismissive attitude to our problems and focus instead on the solution to our problems which is JESUS. It's just that easy, its one stop shopping.

There are many people in the world who tell us there will be no escape from all but the word of God tells us there IS an escape from ALL that is about to happen(Luke 21:36). The same people who tell us there is no escape from all also dismiss the idea that we can be delivered from ALL our troubles because somehow in their mind we need to "cowboy up" and take the weight of the world on our shoulders to somehow earn a special place in the Lord's sight. Such thinking is erroneous.

We CAN be delivered from ALL our troubles, my life is living proof of it. We CAN ESCAPE from ALL that's about to happen and stand before the Son of man, that is our blessed hope. Keep your eyes on the prize, his name is Jesus....keep the faith. grace and peace