Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big Things in Small Packages

I've been asking the Lord to give me something to give you. Yesterday I even started to write then felt like the Spirit wasn't helping so I just stopped. This evening he has spoken to me about: big things coming in small packages.

As I have found with many other things involving the Lord, he does things the opposite way the world does. This world is all about flash and dash, glamour and the showcasing of BIGGGG things...its all about big cars, big houses, big money, big personalities, hollywood "stars" etc. The Lord comes from the exact opposite direction. For example, where did the Lord choose to be born in this world? Answer? A stable, not a palace, a stable...a place where the lowly, the poor, the animals, the 'nobodies' of this world would be given birth.

So staying with this idea of the Lord coming from opposite directions, we get to this word from the Lord today. The Lord reminded me of the necessity to have the faith to move mountains. From the perspective of this world, to move mountains we would have to be some kind of 'special' person wouldn't we? We would have to be some kind of spiritual rock star like todays so called "pastors,"or some other rock star 'spiritual' type to move a mountain but what does our Lord tell us?

Luke 17:5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” 6He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.

So tell me again, what does it take here on earth to do miracles like uprooting trees or moving mountains? It takes faith as small as a mustard seed....

When the Lord brought this to my mind, he showed me in my past where I believed him for things, and they came to pass over and over and over again. Now its important for you to understand that when he did these things for me I NEVER felt like some kind of spiritual giant walking around to slay the goliaths of the world. I believe what the Lord showed me to now tell you is that it only takes A LITTLE REAL FAITH to do very great things in this life. The other important thing is that this mustard seed sized small faith needs to be maintained over time...The Lord brought to mind the grand canyon to illustrate this point. A little water over a long period of time carved out a wonder of the world. A little faith in you maintained over a sufficient period of time will move your mountains and carve our your own "wonder."

I am more convinced than ever these days that its the 'small' things in life that are the big things. Think about the power harnessed in the atom...your eye can't even see the things yet when harnessed correctly these almost unseen things are known to be able to destroy the world. The same holds true for bacteria and viruses etc etc. The same holds true for the "small" things you do for family and friends and even people you don't know on a day to day basis. It's the small thoughtful things that over time move mountains.

The last "small" thing I believe the Lord would have me write about is the answer to the small question "why?" It's a small question with huge implications for your life. I believe that the Lord told me to be sure that we can answer the question "why" we believe in the Lord Jesus. It's not enough to say you believe. You need to be able to answer for yourself WHY you believe. The answer to that question will very well get many saints through the horrors of the "time of Jacob's trouble" that lies ahead of humanity. If we as humans have a strong enough "why" for anything we want in life, then anything we want is possible to lay hold of. People need the answer for "why" when times get tough. For many people today times are already tough so they need to know "why" they believe what they believe so they can make it through to lay hold of the promises we have been given.

To sum up, big things come in small packages. We only need faith the size of mustard seed to move mountains or do anything else it is we have a mind to do in this world. We need to combine that mustard sized faith with persistence and perseverance. We must ask and keep on asking, we must knock and keep on knocking, we must seek and keep on seeking...and all the while we must hold onto our faith that we will find what we seek. We must believe that when we knock, the door will be opened to us. It is not for us to know the "how" or "when" prayers will be answered. It is for us to "ask" and "believe" and persist in doing "ask and believe" until we see an answer.

Our God answers prayers today, that is my testimony. I have seen mountains moved in my own life and I tell you the truth when I say that once you have seen a mountain moved you will never be the same person again. It's also very important for you to understand that there is nothing special about me. What the Lord has done for me, he will do for you. He is no respector of persons. Keep the faith, persevere, pray, believe with the little strength you have each day and expect good things from our God. We are dearly loved children.

grace and peace