Saturday, March 03, 2012

M6.9 Earthquake Today


Another big one today in the neighborhood of Australia/New Zealand.

Once again Turkey looks like a shotgun blast hit it with earthquakes. They are small but they are all over the place there. 8 days till the anniversary of the M9 quake in Japan. Will we get another megaquake this year? We don't have long to wait to find out.

These earthquakes taken on their own don't mean much, its the combination of the quakes with everything else that is happening that tells us we should be watching. If we do get another megaquake this year, this will be the third year in a row we've had one and 3 times is enough evidence for me to say positively there is some kind of destroyer in our heavenly neighborhood.

Evidence differs for each person. What is proof for me means nothing to many people. Its the same thing with watching for the Lords return. If we fill a glass half full of water and I say the glass is half full, another person can come along and say its half empty, who is right? According to who we are, our faith, our experience, our beliefs so we see.

If we don't get a megaquake this spring, does that mean we are in the clear and life goes on business as usual? Hardly, the animals keep dying, the weather is still out of whack, how I feel internally tells me to be on alert and all the other data points listed in previous posts still tell us to be on high alert.

If the Lord meant what He said when He told us to pray that we may prevail/overpower/be counted worthy to escape ALL thats about to happen, then many many people will be beside themselves with grief if they don't make it. Now is the time to prepare for the arrival of the Bridegroom. The post-trib and 'pre-wrath' crowd are preparing for everything else but the arrival of the Master. Will they be counted worthy to escape everything thats about to happen when they disregard such a great promise? Time will tell. As I've said before I would not leave anyone behind, but the Lord does not think like men. As we believe, so we receive

Matt 85When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6“Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering.”

7Jesus said to him, “I will go and heal him.”

8The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! It will be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that very hour.


I cannot think of anything more important today than being ready for the arrival of the Lord at any moment. It will be good for those servants found watching when the Master arrives.

Keep the faith, be patient. We may not have long to wait. Grace and peace.