Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ask And It Will Be Given You


Matt 7:7“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.


Yesterday I was impressed to re-share my testimony with you on this important point ^^.  What does the Lord say?

"Ask and it will be given to you."

This is something for you to seriously consider.  This brother's testimony is that I have asked and I have received exactly as the Word is written.  Why tell you this?  The Lord meant what He said so either 1.  The Word is true and can be counted on or 2.  God is a liar and Matt 7:7 was written in error.  I am here to tell you that the Lord we serve is not a liar and His Word can be trusted.

Where do people get tripped up with this?  I have heard people say "I ask and God does not answer."  So I go back to what was written, is the Almighty a liar or is He incapable of delivering on His Word? So what is the problem?  I am no man's judge and each person's life is incredible unique so who knows what the problem is for some people.  I can tell you what the problem is not:  it is not that the Lord spoke in error or cannot deliver.

The promises are there for us and this brother who is a nobody can testify that they are true and can be trusted.  The days are here and coming in increasing measure that we must rely on Lord's promises  just to eat.  This brother is 100% reliant on the Lord's grace and mercy for every crumb on our table and the roof over our head.

The Lord God cannot lie.  If he said it He meant it.  The Lord sent His Word to accomplish a purpose and that purpose will be accomplished.  When you pray take His promises back to Him in prayer.  Say "Lord, you said (insert promise here) and that is what I am asking you for!  Take your faith and His Word back to Him and prayer then be patient.  We must give the Lord something to work with when we approach Him in prayer.  He is a King and He rules a kingdom according to laws.  His Word is law, take it back to Him.

The Lord impressed me to bring this to your attention unfortunately in my imperfect, long-winded writing style in order to help you.

We all need Him.  I need help each and every day, lots of it.  Some of you need that help too.  Ask, seek, knock.....

grace and peace