Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seek the Face of the Lord

I seem to be constantly asking the Lord "what are you saying to us today?" I think its an important question. Over the past hour I believe this was what I received:

Seek the face of the Lord

That means you..personally, not your "hired hand" spiritual employees, aka paid clergy members. In ancient Israel the high priest was only allowed into the presence of the Lord one time per year. Now, under the new covenant purchased in our Lord's blood, he lives in us, 24/7, 365. Think about that...what kind of relationship is it that he wants when he send his precious Holy Spirit to live in us?

I know there are people who think "he hears from the Lord routinely? What kind of a freak is this guy, or ohhhh, he must be "special." Wrong and wrong again. Should'nt a people with the Spirit of their God living within them hear from their God? I mean, should that be some kind of unusual or "special" event? When I say hear from my God let me be clear that I do not hear audible voices. The Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit, deep speaks to deep

Psalm 42:7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

If you have read the words written at this site for any length of time, you know that a fire burns within me against the nicolaitan system of clergy/laity that 99% of todays so called christian churches have embraced. Nico=conquer laitan=YOU, Jesus says he HATES it. Re-read:

Revelation 2:6 'Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds
... But this is to your credit: You hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I alsohate. ... But you have this in your favor-you hate what the Nicolaitans are doing. ...
Revelation 2:15 'So you also have some who in the same way
... You also have some who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. ... 'So you also havesome who in the same way hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans.

How ridiculous would it be to attempt a close, intimate relationship with your wife/husband with some middle-man always in the way? Seek the face of the God of eternity. He let us know what kind of relationship he expects with us when he placed his Spirit within us. Stop seeking the advice and counsel of men, and start seeking the advice and counsel of GOD.

Proverbs 1:30 "They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all ...
... "They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof. ... Theywould none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Proverbs 1:25 And you neglected all my counsel And did not want
... And you neglected all my counsel And did not want my reproof; ....

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to counsel and accept discipline, That you ...
... Listen to counsel and accept discipline, That you may be wise the rest of your days

Proverbs 8:14 "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am ...
... "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine. ... Counselis mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. ...

Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of
... The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans ofHis heart from generation to generation.

Hearing from the Lord in your spirit should be a regular thing, not an extraordinary thing.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search
... You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart

Proverbs 8:17 "I love those who love me; And those who diligently
... "I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me

We live in a day of unparalleled deception and yet men extol other men more than ever. Men seek other men for the answers to all the problems this world faces. How foolish is that? Men created the problem so we should continually seek counsel from wellsprings of error?

How about we seek wisdom and counsel from the one being in the universe who has never made a mistake? If you seek to hear the Lord and you are not searching for him with all your heart, well....your results may be less than optimal..

The atheist and the critic, as well as those who love this world seek the word of the Lord only to use it as a weapon, not to seek truth. The fact is, they do not want to find our Lord because they know the first thing to happen will be conviction for thier sin, and their sin they will not give up. Reptentance, and a broken spirit are part of what it takes to know and draw near to the Lord our God.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

This is not rocket science folks, this is about really REALLY wanting something and doing what it takes to get it. The knowledge of the Holy One is the beginning of knowledge, which is why so many people don't understand the word of God today.

People read but do not have correct understanding because in order to "know him" you must "find him" and in order to "find him" you must seek him with your whole heart. Nothing worthwhile in this life comes easy..nothing. How much more is knowledge of the Holy One worth than anything you can compare it to in this world.

That's what I'm hearing today. Done for now, grace and peace