Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bad Drivers, Sign of the Times?

Not long ago, I was driving into work and as usual, I was being tailgated. My trip into work consists of a series of different vehicles tailgaiting me until I actually pull into my parking spot at work. Not only am I constantly tailgated, I'm routinely cutoff by aggressive drivers. It was just recently that I think I began to understand where the explosion of bad drivers comes from. Consider what kind of drivers these people make:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power.2 Timothy 3

It's these kinds of people we routinely experience on the road. I no longer wonder why I'm constantly tailgated and cutoff.