Monday, June 09, 2008

Debunking Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS)

I've done alot of debunking of this satanic doctrine. I was reading an article today, promoting OSAS, so I'll get out the anti OSAS artillery to shoot it down again. The bottom line that OSAS people need to understand is two words: "IN CHRIST." "In Christ" 100% of your sins are forgiven and you are bound for heaven. That statement "in Christ" is used more frequently than almost any other pair of words in the bible, so ya think it might be important? Those two words answer every OSAS argument that can be thrown at you. Like:

This arument:
When you believe that Jesus went to the cross for you, and that by His death all of the sins of your life are forgiven, you've done what God requires and the work of your salvation is finished. You will inherit eternal life. “For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40) When you believe that, you have entered into your life-long seventh day, your Sabbath Rest.
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. (Hebrews 4:9-10) Just as God never again took up the work of creation, and Jesus never again took up the work of redemption, you need never again take up the work of salvation. You're a new creation and the work is finished. Now you rest, as they have rested.

The Fathers will is also that all men be saved, but most people won't be saved right (Matt 7:14)?
Yep, Jesus's work is finished, and as long as you REMAIN in him, that is "in Christ" you can rest as well. What does the bible say "remain in me and I will remain in you?" What does "remain" mean? Go look it up. That word, like every othe word in the bible were used FOR A REASON.

If you believe that you can lose your salvation because of your behavior, it means that you don't believe Jesus took all of the sins of your life to the cross (Col 2:13-15), and therefore you don't believe He saved you completely (Hebr. 7:25).

If I remain in Christ and He remains in me then yea, He took all my sins to the cross and saved me completely, IN CHRIST those statements are true but let me ask this, is "obedience" a work? The OSAS folks like to harp on this idea that "works" can't save you, and I agree we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH. Is "having faith" a "work?" You are certainly "doing" when you continue to obey and excercise faith, since you are "doing" is that a work? If you don't continue to obey, then you do not remain "in Christ" and therefore all the things He did for you no longer apply to you. If you lose your faith, no longer believe, then once again, you are no longer "in Christ." In Christ you are ok, not "in Christ" and you are cooked. The OSAS folks who say nothing else is required after a one time event have to toss out large parts of the bible for their argument to stick. So far, not one OSAS defender has been able to show me in the bible where we are able to throw out faith and obedience and still get into heaven. In order for OSAS to be true and defendable, I MUST be able to go faithless and cease to obey and STILL GET INTO HEAVEN. That position is indefensible, period.

It means that you don't believe God has accepted responsibility for keeping you saved (2 Cor. 1:21-22) and you have to finish the job yourself by meeting some standard of behavior. That means that you're working to keep your self saved after your work of salvation was finished, which means you're subjecting yourself to the penalty of the Sabbath breaker in Numbers 15. It means that you aren't saved.

Where in the bible does it say the Lord is responsible for keeping me saved? (2 Cor. 1:21-22) ?
sorry, that says that you are given the Holy Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing your future reward WITH CONDITIONS..... you read the rest of your bible....

John 14:15 - "If you love me, you will obey what I command.
John 14:21 - Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14:23-24 - Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
John 15:9 - "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
John 15:10 - If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
1 John 2:5 - But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are IN HIM.
1 John 5:2-3 - This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

Is your salvation conditional? sounds like you MUST OBEY to remain in Christ. That sounds like you have to "do" something does'nt it? Is "doing" something "works?"

This person then says:

You are either forever saved or you were never saved.

Really? Show me that in the bible? Oh, you can't....IT'S NOT IN THERE. Let me show you something that IS in the bible:

1 Cor 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, IF you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

How many times should I repeat that statement to the OSAS crowd, let's try this

IF you hold fast the word which I preached to you, IF you hold fast the word which I preached to you, IF you hold fast the word which I preached to you. Do these people know what "IF" means? Does "IF" make you a guarantee of anything? NO, IF is a CONDITIONAL STATEMENT. Go through your bible and read how many times the Holy Spirit used the word IF. He used that word for a reason......2 Timothy 2:12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If ... If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us, do any of you OSAS believers think you are "saved" after Christ deny's you? IFFFFFFF we endure, IF IF IF IF, what does IF MEAN? What part of IF, don't these people get? If I tell you I'll give you $10 IF you give me a candy bar, and you don't give me the candy bar, do you think you are getting the $10? How much more straightforward could it be?

Does OSAS qualify as a false gospel? You bet it does. OSAS isn't the good news that Jesus preached, it's the GREAT NEWS that you can "make a decision" that takes about 30 seconds out of your life then you have a license to do whatever you want and still go to heaven. OSAS supporters will be the first to tell you that your behavior DOES'NT MATTER. Read the obedience verses quoted above and get back to me on the behavior question. Do whatever you want after a 30 second "decision for christ" is not how my bible reads, either obey or reap the rewards that a false gospel entitles you to...

Spiritual blindness is real, the god of this world has blinded so many. How many people are going to end up in hell, all the while screaming "but my pastor promised me that it did'nt matter what I did, I made a 20 second decision for christ, that's all that mattered! why am I here?"

OSAS is one of Satan's MASTERPIECES. Same lies, different day, see if you can spot the similarities with this doozy: “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.’” 4 The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!

The Lord has said you must be obedient and faithful, the serpent says DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, don't worry! You surely will not die! you surely will not lose your salvation! The wrong time to find out that you've fallen for one of the adversary's best deceptions is after you breathe your last breath. Think about it...

Philippians 2:12b-13 "...work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure"

WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION, does that sound like a 20 second decision then your done? Read your bibles people, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you what the bible says and does'nt say.