Saturday, May 24, 2014

What is the Spirit Saying Today?



If you have been reading here for any time, you know that the Lord has redirected this writers attention from writing about end times events (of which there are many) to focusing squarely on Him.

The events taking place in the world around us are signs of judgement for the world, but signs of homecoming for us.  What is this writer's sense of what the Lord is doing today?  He is preparing His Bride.  What is the Spirit saying today?  Very clearly the Spirit is saying praise Him....


Ps 71:5For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,
my confidence since my youth.
6From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
I will ever praise you.
7I have become a sign to many;
you are my strong refuge.
8My mouth is filled with your praise,
declaring your splendor all day long.

If there is one thing I believe we should keep at the top of our list it is praise Him.  The Lord has impressed this clearly on me over the past few days but actually it has been over a period of many years that He has said this.  What were we created for?  To glorify Him.  We were created for His glory.

I sometime wonder how radically people's lives would turn around if they did this one thing more often.  What would happen in your life if you praised the Lord (out loud with your lips) more often?  The Word tells us the Lord inhabits the praises of His people.

Ps 22.3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

What happens when you praise and glorify the Lord continually?  The Lord shows up.  If there is anything we all need continually it is the presence and power of the Lord God Almighty in our lives.

If there is one thing and only one thing this writer ever told you and that is all you walked away with from reading this blog, it would be to praise Him, out loud with your lips and often.  Do it for yourself, and your family and all those you love and do it because it is what you were created for.  We were created to praise Him and to bring Him glory.  Let us do what we were created to do for ourselves and those we love and more importantly because our God deserves every last word that glorifies His name.  

grace and peace.