Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Time For Everything

Happy Mothers Day (to all the mothers!)

I was asking the Lord why it takes so long sometimes for our prayers to be answered.  One answer I have already received from Him long ago is because it tests our faith.  Another answer I received yesterday was this:

Eccl 3:1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

The Lord is not just in charge of the answer to our prayers but He is also in charge of the timing of the answer to our prayers.  Do we believe that the Lord loves us?  Then we will believe in His timing.  Do we believe that the Lord can be trusted?  Then we will believe in His timing.  Do we believe the Lord answers prayers?  Then we will believe in His timing.

This writer has had to wait for years for some answers to prayer but the Lord always, always came through.  Will the test of time expose our lack of faith or prove our faithfulness?  Will we give up on the Lord or we will hold on to the very end?

We are all being tested all the time.  Some are being tested by adversity, some are being tested by prosperity and peace, but we are all being tested.  Will we pass the test of time?  That is the question.  Will we hold onto our faith no matter what till the very end?  What did the Lord ask us?

... Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

our faith is everything.

... For by grace you have been saved through faith

My prayer is that we will all hold onto our faith until the end.  I hope that some of us might even surprise the Lord with great faith such as this:

Luke 7:1When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum. 2There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.”6So Jesus went with them.
He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
9When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.” 10Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well


grace and peace