Friday, April 25, 2014

How To Upset The Lord

Heb 3:12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13But exhortone another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;


Many Christians take unbelief lightly as if it were no big deal but the Lord sees it differently.  What does the Lord call unbelief?  Evil.......

Every time we are confronted with life and we choose unbelief, disbelief, we choose not to trust, not to hope and to generally resign ourselves to the world and its ways instead of looking to the promises and power of our God, the Lord calls that evil.  He does not take it lightly.

If we want to please the Lord, we choose belief, trust and hope in His power and His promises.  We all face many different problems and challenges and tribulations in this life, but the Lord has given us tools to deal with them.  This brother can tell you that never once, not once ever have the Lord's power and promises let me down.  Yes, I have had to wait sometimes, for years...but the promises and power came through for me.

This brother has hoped in the Lord, I have remembered the Lord's goodness to me and my family.  I have remembered the past miracles and displays of power on my behalf.  I remember.....This is not about me though it is about you.  How did Israel get into trouble over and over again?  They forgot...they did not remember the Lord and they went off and did their own thing.  Each and every time it ended in pain, heart ache and sometimes death.

I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will
remember your miracles of long ago.

"Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and
laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel.

Do you still not understand? Don't you remember the five loaves for
the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered?

We must choose faith and belief every time we are confronted with issues.  We must remember the Lord's promises and power and miracles.  Everything that was done was done for us.  The parting of the red sea was done for us, raising lazarus was done for us, feeding thousands with a few loaves of bread was done for us, walking on water was done for us.  We must believe and we must remember.

This brother is a living, walking talking testimony to the power and promises of God Almighty.  He does miracles and exercises His power every bit as much today as He ever has.  Our faith is the key to seeing that power at work in our own lives.

If we want to please the Lord, and I know we all do, then we must choose faith and belief at every turn on this road called life.

grace and peace