The Lord interjected a statement into this writer's thoughts that needs to be shared. The other day as this nobody was pondering the Trump/Biden drama and what it means, the impression again was that with Trump we may have a little more time, with Biden we get sold down the river immediately. That lead to thoughts about the employment and development of our skills, talents, abilities to serve our Lord's kingdom. Next was the thought that we may have a little more time for skill/talent development if Trump wins and about here in the thought process the Lord interjected one sentence. Here was the sentence:
"You do understand that your mission and development of your talents has not and will not change regardless of who wins the presidency right?"
There are multiple sub ideas that can be derived from this statement:
1. The trump biden drama is not as important as people think it is. The Lord could have set the current scenario up differently but He chose not to for many reasons.
2. Our Lord's will, will be done regardless. His purposes, not the enemy's or mankind's purposes stand the test of time.
or the LORD Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.
3. That gift the Lord has given you to use, that thing inside of you that you do better than other people? That thing you enjoy doing more than other people because you are kinda good at it, that is your talent, ability, gift to be used in the service of the Great King, the Lord our God who created us for His glory to do what is good and pleasing in His sight.
4. The fact that you have this gift/ability/talent right now on earth is the evidence of what the Lord wants you to do. We are here now on earth as members of His kingdom according to our Lord's foreknowledge of what is needed today for the working out of His plan that was mapped out long before any of us was a twinkle in our human parent's eye.
5. We dont have to figure everything out. The Lord our God has already done that. We dont have to predict what is going to happen next either. Our Lord already laid out in His Word exactly what is going to happen and it is all going down exactly as He knew it would. None of today's worldwide fraud, abuse, murder, theft and mayhem came as a surprise to Him who knows all things from beginning to end. Our Lord has a plan and each of us has a part to play in it according to our individual gifts and abilities. We dont need someone else to tell us what we should be doing as that has been well laid out in the Word of God as well as an introspective look at what has been deposited in each of us.
6. None of the so called 'prophets' that I am aware of on the internet or anywhere else saw what was coming today. They have all been wrong which is evidence of who they really are. Nor do we need the globalist or even alternative 'news' to tell us. The deception that is rampant in the world today is epic. Which is why when things get like this we draw closer and closer back to fundamentals that have not changed over the millennia.
Each one of us knows more or less what it is we are supposed to be doing. Its right in front of our face. Open those Bibles to find the answers. One of the things we find in that Bible is the parable of the 'talents':
14“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servantsc and entrusted to them his property. 15To one he gave five talents,d to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master’s money. 19Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.e You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
It is apparent from this parable that the Lord our God wants us to use what we have been given to serve Him. Each one of us has gifts/talents and a mission to use those talents in His service. This is a theme and a message that has been impressed upon this servant by the Spirit of the Lord since the end of last year when as is this servants custom the Lord is asked what is it this servant should know and or be doing over this next year? The answer at the end of last year before any of this madness began was focus on the talents while not forgetting everything else we already know we should be doing (pray/fast/stay in the Word/give thanks continually/etc).
Thats all for today.
May the grace and peace of the Lord our God be with you in abundance as you continue to serve Him as His Spirit guides you.