Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nothing Good To Say

If you look at the Laodiciean church in Revelation 3, the Lord has NOTHING good to say about it:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Todays form of christianity has interpretive dance, rap groups, brand name preacher/guru/CEO's, million dollar 'sanctuaries' and various other things to its 'credit' but where is its ZEAL for the true Jesus? Neither hot nor cold, so it will be spit out. Lots of people 'playing church,' meanwhile the term 'christianity' has become at best a joke, and at worst something to be avoided at all costs.

At what point was Jesus not enough for people? Who decided that the church needs rapping, interpretive dance, and 50 foot high colored posters written at the 3rd grade level to get through to people? When did Jesus need the business worlds advice to advance his kingdom? When did marketing and 'branding' pastors names and church names take precedence over the name of Jesus? Where did this stuff come from? Faithless men, worldly men. Men who think they can do a better job of growing the church than Jesus can because madison avenue PR firms and Rick Warren told them how to do it. Get rid of the true Son of God and put in an idolatrous substitution and churchianity will sell like hotcakes!

You still wondering why only a few will be saved (Matt 7:14)? That's the question people should be asking today, why will only a FEW make it through the narrow gate? WHY?

Time is short, there are still a few people in this world looking for the truth. If you want to find the truth, you have to search for it like hidden treasure...you have to REALLY want it, just like anything else worthwhile. Half-hearted whims won't cut it. Playing church won't cut it. Your social circle won't cut it. Your pastor won't cut it. Do YOU know Jesus, and more importantly, does He know you (matt 7:21)?

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."-George Orwell

grace and peace