Monday, January 23, 2006

We Worship Him for a Reason

There are some pretty fantastic reasons to worship the Creator of the universe.

1 Corinthians 2
9However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

Psalm 16:11You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Wow, that sounds pretty good, but that's not all:

Revelation 3:21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Now this one is a real eye popper for me. To be given the right to sit on the throne with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, is just a little too spectacular for me to wrap my mind around.

John 17:22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

Romans 2:7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Romans 2:10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Romans 8:17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Romans 9:23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—

With all that's going on in this world I think it's important to remind ourselves of just how incredibly AWESOME it's going to be when we are united with our Lord once again. There is a flip side to all of this of course. There is a place so bad that it almost defies explanation, where many many people will end up it appears and we DO NOT want to go there. So we have the "pulling" force exerted by the wonderful promises made to us of heaven, and we have the "pushing" force exerted by the horrors of hell. All of this should help us to stay focused on the prize and work toward in with renewed conviction each and every day. Peace~brother D

No comments: