Thursday, January 26, 2006

What Does it Take to Get Into Heaven?

It appears that it takes Faith AND Obedience.

The Faith part of this equation almost goes without saying, let's look at obedience.


Matthew 19:17"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
Luke 11:28He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."
John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.
John 14:21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14:23Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
John 14:24He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
John 15:10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
John 17:6[ Jesus Prays for His Disciples ] "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.
Acts 5:29Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!
Acts 5:32We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
Romans 2:13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
Galatians 5:7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?
Philippians 2:12[ Shining as Stars ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling
2 Thessalonians 1:8He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Hebrews 5:9and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
1 Peter 1:22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter 4:17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?Context)
1 John 2:3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.
1 John 2:5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him
1 John 3:22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.1 John 3:21-23 (in Context) 1 John 3 (Whole Chapter)
1 John 3:24Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
1 John 5:3This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome
Revelation 3:3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Revelation 12:17Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
Revelation 14:12This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

If it's not obvious by now that Faith AND Obedience is necessary to get into heaven, nothing will convince you.

Peace~brother D