Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Encouragement

1 Thessalonians 5:11
... So then, encourage one another and build each other up, as you are doing. ...

Hebrews 3:13 ... Instead, continue to encourage one another every day, as long as it is called "Today,"so that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin ...

I want to let you know that today the Lord has greatly encouraged me. He has set before me a great mission/vision that I am pregnant with to bring glory to his name. I wasn't sure if I was even going to post today but I am. We who are "in Christ" are one body. What's good for the toe is good for the elbow and good for the knee and shoulders etc etc.

I want to tell you today that we serve an amazing, awesome God. I often say that I am the least of the brothers because I know how many times I have screwed up royally...with a capital R. Through it all, he has been patient and gentle, longsuffering and loving. He has put before me, right in front of my face the two paths..over and over again. Choose one path and get one result, choose another get a different result. Why He has put up with me for so many years only He knows. He sees the end from the beginning. He knows where he is leading us. We choose at every step of the way whether we are going to accept his grace or reject it.

I want to let you know that this God we serve IS a God who answers prayer. This world is drowning in fear and doubt. Darkness is everywhere, but our God is not deterred. Our God could care less what signals Satan is sending to the world today. What does it matter what Satan wants to do? Really, what does it matter? Who controls the universe and everything in it? Our God does, its that simple.

It has been written here for months that its time to get back to fundamentals. Put first things first. Jesus is our "first love" (rev 2), he must remain first. Jesus IS the word of God which means if we claim to be "in Christ" we are really saying we are "in the Word of God"..its saying the same thing, when you say one you are saying the other. If we are not putting him first, spending that time alone with him then we are in trouble. Everything else you are doing today apart from that one on one time with Jesus is irrelevant. Let me say that again, if you are not spending that one on one time with Jesus/the Word of God, EVERYTHING else you are doing is irrelevant. Don't believe me? Go re-read Matt 7:21 where we are told that MANY will say to him on that day "did'nt we do all kinds of wonderful things for you Lord" and He tells them "away from me you evildoers I never knew you."

This isn't rocket science, this is a call to the simple things, simple childlike faith in Jesus Christ. Putting him first is everything. Remember this one?

Matthew 6:33 "... But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;and all these things shall be added unto you.

Seeking the Lord is not something we do out of duty like "going to work" or "going to church" because we "have to." That's the way the world does business and look where its got them. We are in an eternal love/marriage to the God of Eternity. We go to Him because we love him and he loves us. Seek him and you will find him when you seek him with all your heart.

Our God is so wonderful. I am the least of his servants but I have seen great and mighty things from his hand. Seek his face, spend that time with him. Get on your knees before him and pour out your hearts to him. This world is going down the toilet, thats true, but our focus is NOT on the toilet, its on GOD ALMIGHTY. Remember.... first things first, everything else can take a number for our attention and wait. A big hug for all of you who are "in Christ" today. grace and peace