Thursday, July 16, 2009

7/16/2009

Psalm 119:57You are my portion, O Lord;
I have promised to obey your words.
58I have sought your face with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.

These words ^^^ are the essence of what the Lord is speaking, and has been speaking to me now for weeks. He is our portion....I have promised to obey the words of God.....I have sought your face with all my heart.....be gracious according to your promise. Seeking the face of God and reciting back to him the promises he has given to us is "ground zero" for the Holy Spirit as far as his communication with me these days.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, satan is running crazy throughout the earth, signs of the end of all things are everywhere and what is the Lord speaking to me today? Seek my face...stay in my word....keep your attention on ME. And how exactly can I argue with that? You would have to be deaf dumb and blind not to see the unfolding of all the prophetic events around us these days, and for that very reason I believe he has called us back to the most important thing which is HIM. Focus on his will, his words, his heart, his mind, his Spirit.

Regardless of what happens in this world, he is to be the center of our attention. Remember Revelation 2:4....Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. 5Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

How many people are guilty today of forsaking their "first love" with Jesus? These people are told to remember the height from which they have fallen. Those are interesting words...height from which they have fallen. Obviously whatever that means, its not good because the Lord talks about removing their lampstand from its place. I don't know about you but I don't want my lampstand going anywhere....Last but not least, these people are given a pat on the back for hating the practices of the nicolaitans which Jesus also hates.

Remember your first love. What is first love? Its him first, everyone and everything else after...If we put first things first, everything else will take care of itself in due time. We must get our priorities straight today, we must be ready for our Lord when he shows up. You can study the rapture and prophecy until you are blue in the face and still not be ready for the Lord when he shows up, that would be a big problem wouldn't it? You become an expert in all things "end times related" but were caught woefully short in the "first love" department and get left behind at the time of the escape from all (luke 21:36) because it has a worthiness factor attached to it that you fell short of...not good...not good at all. Which is why I suppose the Lord has shifted focus around here from the painfully obvious (end time events) to the not so obvious bite you in the rear end because you were not ready topics.

Let me say this is well. When I write here I'm writing to myself as well as to whoever else graces the site with their time and attention. I ask the Lord frequently to expose my own problems to me and remove from me everything and anything that upsets him. My own shortfalls are enough of a fulltime job that I have neither the time not inclination to "judge" any of you as individuals. I pray on my face as close to "daily" as I can to hear the words of the Lord that might somehow edify, warn, and encourage both you and me. I could care less about my own opinion on things. I know me, I'm a nothing, nobody with nothing of value to contribute aside from the one who has watched over me and counseled me from birth. You and I have no need for more words and reasoning of men, we need our God's words and counsel. We need to hear from his Spirit. My job is to seek his face, stay in his word and stay out of his way so he can somehow through me (an unworthy vessel) communicate something of value to you.

In the end, its all about our Lord. Not you, not me, him. If we keep him first, you and I will be wonderfully taken care of when the final acts play out on this earth. done for now, grace and peace