Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Whatever He Does Prospers

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

I believe the Lord would have me share this testimony from my life with you today. We read in Psalm 1 that those who delight in the law of the Lord are like trees planted by streams of water..whatever they do prospers. I can tell you that is the story of my life. I have been blessed coming out and blessed going in. I have been prospered in everything my hands have touched. I have even been prospered in jobs I have hated. Why?

I want to tell you upfront that there is nothing special about me. The only thing special about the blessing that has followed me around in life is the WORD OF GOD. I have delighted in the Word. That does not mean I am "special" because it has been made clear to me that even my love for the Word comes from Him. Everything I have has been given to me so how can I act as though it has not? The Lord would have me share these things with you today to let you know that the goodness and blessing is for you too. His Word can be trusted. I have a lifetime of experience to prove it.

The Lord wants your attention back on him and his Word. We do not worship this God for nothing. There are tangible REWARDS in THIS LIFE and the next for loving him and following his ways. He is not unaware of your situation whatever that is. He is telling me to tell you that every promise in his word can be trusted absolutely. When we see it written "he is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.Whatever he does prospers. " He means it. That promise was not written for one person, it was written for any person who would read and believe.

The encouragement to you today is that the Lord has taken massive screwups like me and done amazing things for me which means he can do amazing things with and for you. The goodness and blessing in my life are not for me alone, they are for you.

1 Cor 1:26 Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”d

So I am boasting today but not in myself. I boast today in the Lord for your benefit. I am the foolish, the weak, the lowly and despised and the Lord has done wonderful things for me so that I can testify to you today that he is good and he can be trusted. People bring so many problems on themselves. The biggest problem I see in the world is faithlessness/lack of real belief. Mountains can be moved by faith and belief. Trust him and see what he will do.

John 11:40
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?”

In a world full of lack and despair, the Lord is still doing great and glorious things through those who believe-instruments in his hands. Wouldn't it be great to be one of those instruments in his hands? If you want your faith strengthened then keep praying and watch the spectacular answers to result from your believing prayer. Each prayer answered makes you stronger. I have a battle standard that is overflowing with victory ribbons indicating prayer after prayer after prayer answered. I have proof that our God is alive and well today calling out to you to do greater things than the least of the brothers (me). My life is the proof.

Seek his face today. Stay in his word. Be encouraged that if the Lord has done wonderful things for a nobody like me, then heaven and earth can shake at what he will do for you. We are dearly loved, grace and peace.