Saturday, September 05, 2009

Praise on My Lips

Psalm 64: 9All mankind will fear;
they will proclaim the works of God
and ponder what he has done
.

10Let the righteous rejoice in the Lord
and take refuge in him;
let all the upright in heart praise him!

I have praise on my lips today for what the Lord has done in my life. According to his word, I have taken refuge in him and he has helped me, I have been delivered from all my troubles and fears and my heart rejoices in him. I thank him today for the blood he shed on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, I thank him for delivering our fathers from Eqypt, feeding them in the desert and sustaining them even today.

My heart is full of praise for our God because he is a God who answers prayer. I have asked and I have received. I have lacked nothing good because he has provided for me. Our God is good and what he does is good, all creation praise him for what he has done. The song of praise that is in my heart and on my lips and on these pages does not come from wishful thinking, it comes from a God who acts. Isn't it because he has long been silent that so many do not fear him? Isaiah 57:11 ... Is it not because I have long been silent that you do not fear me?

But I would say that there are more ways to speak than hearing words in your ears. Isn't it speaking when we ask and he delivers the answers to our prayers? Isn't it a statement when a man can live 20-30-40 years or more and never look back to see himself forsaken? Yes, these things are huge statements. There is coming a day when the Lord will speak to men the way they wish he would, but when he begins to speak will they like what he has to say? Even Job, a righteous man who feared the Lord trembled when the Lord spoke to him, he repented in dust and ashes.

The Lord speaks to us today through our deliverance, and through answered prayer. Our Lord speaks to us today in deep ways. He speaks to our spirits: Psalm 42:7 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. I have a song of praise in my heart this morning for our Lord. I encourage you to praise him today, and to seek his face. In this life we will have many troubles but those of us who belong to the Lord should expect to be delivered out of ALL of them. Deliverance comes in our Lord's time not ours, but it does come, that has been my life experience and it is no lie.

We may have many troubles but we have a comforter. We may have many problems but we have a peace that guards our heart in a way that surpasses all understanding. We have been given the SPIRIT OF GOD in these worthless jars of clay to show that what is happening in our lives, the deliverances, the shelter, the peace, the blessings and everything else good that happens to us is a result of the grace, glory and power of our God. He has not sent us into this world alone, he has given us his prized possession, the Spirit of peace and power.

I rejoice in him today, join me in fully declaring his praises. Who is like this God we worship? I know not one. He is very very very great. Let us be found with his praises on our lips. Let us declare all the wonderful things he has done for our fathers, the brothers, our families and ourselves. Our God is VERY GREAT.

May our GREAT GOD bless you and keep you today, may his face shine upon you and may he grant you peace.