Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Praying the Lord's Will

It's important when we pray to understand the Lord's will for us. The bible is full of statements that tell us what His will is and is not for us. Consider:

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This is a clear statement that reveals the mind of the Lord toward those He loves.

Great peace have they which love thy law´ Ps.119.165

He intends for us to have GREAT peace. How? Through love of his law/love of His Word, and His Word is Jesus Christ.

John 14:1 Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

closely related to your peace , an untroubled heart..

John 14 :27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

He desires that we be not afraid. That's a big one, think of how much fear is in this world..

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him

He desires that we OBEY His commands...

1 Thessalonians 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.
... Brethren, pray for us. ... Brethren, pray for us. ...

He wants us to pray for each other, carry each others burdens. If we really love each other, there is no more loving thing we can do than pray for each other.