Friday, August 22, 2008

You are Saved IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You need to get your hands on a LITERAL translation of the bible and a greek/hebrew lexicon so you can figure out what the bible says FOR YOURSELF. Are you going to trust wolves to teach you what the bible does or does not say? Are you willing to bet your salvation on another man's opinion of what the bible says? Seems a bit foolish to me. The internet if full of research tools for you if you are serious about knowing the truth. What does the bible literally say about being saved?

1 Corinthians 15 :1 And I make known to you, brethren, the good news that I proclaimed to you, which also ye did receive, in which also ye have stood, 2 through which also ye are being saved, in what words I proclaimed good news to you, if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain,

You are BEING SAVED..........IF YE HOLD FAST. Plain as day, it's an ongoing process. IF is a conditional word. Being saved is an ongoing process.

if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain-what does that mean? IF YOU DON'T HOLD FAST, THEN YOU HAVE BELIEVED IN VAIN.

Compare that to what the wolves are teaching today that all you have to do is believe. Belief IS a part of it, but even Satan believes, does that mean Satan gets saved? Hardly. Read your bible, what does it say about faithfulness? What does it say about obedience? What does it say about HOLDING FAST, REMAINING "IN CHRIST?"

How many people will end up in hell as a result of "once saved, always saved" teaching? How many people will gradually slip back into sin as a result of thinking to themselves "well, I can't lose my salvation so I can afford this sin today, I'll repent tomorrow" kind of thinking? Sin is not the norm for true believers. We are supposed to be perfecting our way before the Creator. Sin should be a thing we avoid at all costs, something that over time there is less and less of in your life. Jesus is coming back for a spotless bride. Do not be deceived, you reap what you sow.

There is ongoing forgiveness for sin while you are "in Christ," however what happens the moment you are no longer "in Christ?" At what point is a person no longer in the vine that gives life? I don't know the answer for that in your case, it's between each of us and Jesus. Don't push the issue with your Creator, you DON'T want to find out when it's too late that you've taken too many liberties with your freedom in Christ. Some things to think about:

Rom 14:22 Thou hast faith! to thyself have it before God; happy is he who is not judging himself in what he doth approve

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.