Friday, April 24, 2009

The Days of Noah

It has been written here in recent days that I sense a stillness in my spirit. I've had a hard time determining exactly what that means. When I sense a shift from "time is short, time is short!" to stillness, what exactly does that mean?

The eye of the storm:

The eye is a region of mostly calm weather found at the center of strong tropical cyclones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_(cyclone)

Note the words used there "mostly calm weather" found at the center of strong storms. Where do we find ourselves today? The eye of a great big storm. It has been written here again and again that we are living today in a "pre-flood" day, in reference to Noah and Lot. The coming of the Son of man will be exactly like the days of Noah and Lot.

As I look out my window today its a beautiful day, the sun is shining and if one did'nt know better, one would assume that tomorrow would be just like today, but we know that is the reasoning of fools. Today, people are buying and selling, planting and building, marrying and giving in marriage. This kind of a day tends to lull a person into complacency.

This past year has seen a radical shift in the way people look at the world around them. For years the Lord has warned that time is short. The events that have happened over the past 12 months were unthinkable to people just 2-3 years ago, but here we are. Things are changing for the worse in this world, yet the religious preachers and teachers of babylonian churchianity would have you believe that tomorrow will be just like today so carry on as you have always carried on.

Recently, I believe the Lord deposited into my spirit, another task to complete before the door on the Ark is closed. This is a mission for me to do and it has to do with feeding hungry people. Why now? I have no idea. My best guess is that it's something I've always wanted to do for him and perhaps now we have reached a point in time where if it doesn't happen in the near future it won't happen at all.

As I examine where we are now and the past couple years that brought us to this point, I see this: Shock to wake us up, to warn us (in love). Now we have relative calm for people to make up their minds in relative peace before calamity hits. May could be the month that the Lord takes us home, I don't know but I will be on high alert for it. If that does not happen, we could have a handful of months left that could include events that will test our faith as we come face to face with the time of Jacob's trouble. Will it test people's faith to have their faces pressed right up against the very DAY that destruction falls (and the escape happens)? You bet it will.

So far, today is still a day when hammers and saws can be heard working on the Ark before the flood falls from heaven on mankind. There's nothing in the scenery today that even remotely hints at exactly how bad what's coming is going to be. Warning signs are everywhere, but they warn of things men have seen and heard and experienced in the past.

So what's my point today? What do I see ahead of us? The Lord could show up at any moment, so be ready for him. On the other hand, we may have some (a little) time left to do for our Lord whatever it is we have had in our hearts to do for him, but never did. One size shoe will not fit all people in the days ahead, and no one sized shoe fits us all today. The things the Lord has tasked me to do are for me to do. You have something different to do. I may be a toe in the body of Christ and you are an elbow, different parts, different functions, same body.

I see the home stretch before us, like looking at home plate from 3rd base, its not far away. I have asked the Lord that I may able to "finish strong." I don't want to go out in a whimper. I am believing the Lord for something huge to occur between 3rd base and home plate. Something I have always wanted to do for him and never have, dealing with feeding the hungry. I am pregnant with it, praying for it day in and day out, and it will come to pass. Whatever the Lord gives you the faith to do, you can do, that's an absolute certainty.

My last point for today is this: if you want to impress our Lord, then have faith...believe. Think about what an amazing thing it is for an infinite, all powerful, all knowing God to marvel at anything...But men can cause God almighty to marvel, here's how:

Matt 8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Faith that caused God almighty to marvel was found NOT in a religious person, but in a centurion. There are many things to comment on here, but I want to stick with the fact that if you want to impress God, then BELIEVE ...have faith.

The Lord showed me something about this today:

John 6:29
... Jesus answered them, "This is the work of God: to believe in the one whom he has sent."

Think about what that says ^^. What does it mean to "believe in the one whom he has sent?" To believe in the one whom was sent is to believe in Jesus Christ. To believe in Jesus Christ is to believe in the word of God. In other words, believing in the one who was sent is believing the word of God is true, its fact, when God said it, he meant it...ALL OF IT.

To believe parts of the bible like the word of God is a buffet table at lunch time is to partially believe in the one who was sent. Will partial belief in Jesus Christ (the word of God) get a man into heaven? I'll let you answer that.

Today, the Lord has brought to the forefront of my mind what faith and belief really mean, and why they are at the forefront of his thinking, to the point where when he sees a person who has tremendous faith, it makes him marvel----that is no small thing...

I want to finish the race strong. I hope that you want the same thing. In order to finish strong, I believe the Lord has put faith and belief front and center. There is no strong finish for anyone without these things. A people should hear from their God. A people should search the face of their God for the answers they seek. Men do not have the answers we need, the Lord your God has the answers we need.

He is everything, we are nothing. The focus today must be on what brings our Lord glory. We need less of us and more of him each and every day. Apart from "him in us and us in him", we are worthless. In a self centered, narcissistic society such as the one we live in today, that kind of thinking it heretical. The Lord never was, and never will be "politically correct," he is God almighty not some creation of Madison avenue and Hollywood. Seek his face today, learn what belief in the one who was sent really means. Consume the word of God like a starving man. Go to your knees and seek the face of your God. Make it a goal in the few remaining days we have left to cause our Lord to marvel at the faith he sees within you. Start believing today for whatever it is in your heart to do for this marvelous Lord we serve. If you don't start these things today, you may never get the chance to.

grace and peace