Monday, April 20, 2009

Time is a Luxury

Last night I watched the new Will Smith movie called 7 pounds. *spoiler alert*

Basically the movie is about a guy who finds 7? "good" people and then commits suicide to give those people his things to make their lives better. Yea, I cried at the end, but as I was watching the story wrap up, I was impressed by the fact that our Lord gave himself up for all of mankind, sinner and "good" people alike. A guy in the movie kills himself so people on earth can have their lives improved with temporal things, our Lord gave himself up so we can have peace (within ourselves) and eternal life. I cried at the end of the movie, then I was overwhelmed by the love of our God toward us.

Before falling asleep I sense the Lord's presence very close to me. I guess you could call it some parent/child bonding time. While we were "in the moment" I had to ask him about timing. How much time is left? Where do we stand on the world/prophetic timeline? No answer....Some of the conversation last night I begged him to remind me of this morning so I could share with you. The parts I remember now relate to prayer and faith.

Here are the details on it, consider these thoughts:

If you really believe that prayer has an impact on this world, and you say you love people in this world (family,friends, etc) and you don't pray for them, do you really love them? Maybe you love them, but you really don't believe that prayer does much so you don't bother praying for those around you.

Slap yourself across the face hard enough to leave slight red marks, then splash some ice cold water across your face then pay attention carefully. Prayer is an unbelievably powerful gift we have been given. Its a telephone line, radio whatever you want to call it straight to the throne of God Almighty who (by the way) is also your FATHER. He's your da da, papa, parent, you get the picture. He loves you with a father's favor.

Prayer brings the future into the present. It transforms the unseen into the seen, it is real and it is powerful. In order for prayer to be effective, you must beleive. You must labor at it. You must be pregnant with the things you are believing for and not abort halfway through the pregnancy like so many do. You must pray the issues of the heart and mind through from conception in the spirit world through to appearance in the physical world.

I have lost all sense of timing as far as where we are in proximity to the end. Jesus could show up today, or next year, or the year after that. The things happening around us lead me to believe we are close to the escape and rapture, however, we have seen first hand how our Lord's patience trumps the devil's desire to get at this world. Our God can string this out as long as he wants to with signs of impending tribulation all over the place. The warning signs are everywhere, no doubt about that, but what does that tell us about how much time is left?

The theme that resonates within me today is be ready today, and be prepared to wait. Only a fool would not be ready to meet the Lord face to face today. The escape/tribulation may or may not start today, but you could die tomorrow, then what? Then you hope you were ready to see the Lord face to face. Some timing trivia that probably has nothing to do with anything, but possibly may be significant:

May 11, 2009 (iyarr 17) is the day Noah entered the Ark.
May 21, 2009 is exactly 3.5 years from Dec 21, 2012.

I treat these things like trivia now. What do times and dates matter when we are maintaining a state of watchfulness and readiness day in and day out? We who are watching and ready have at least the wisdom to do so, while many tell you it's wasting your time looking for Jesus today.

The most powerful thing that came out of my short close up time with the Lord last night was this: If you say you love someone and you are not praying for them WHAT IS THAT? Kick yourself in the rear end and get to it. Childlike faith and belief moves mountains. It is ridiculed by the world (as it applies to our God) but highly praised by our Lord.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

Return to the fundamentals of the faith today because time could be shorter than we think. There is nothing more fundamental than childlike faith and prayer. Read your loveletters (bibles).

One last note then I'm done. Who am I to speak on God's behalf?

Thanks for the question:

I am a child of the most High God, a member of the royal household, a son, a prince, a king/priest, an ambassador of the kingdom of heaven. That enough?

I will say it again here, I consider myself to be a nothing on this earth, a nobody, the least of the servants of our Father in heaven. I do not need to claim that I am anybody because if I am "in Christ" the bible clearly tells you who I am and what my position is. This applies not just to me, but to EVERYONE who is "in Christ." This is another huge reason why the clergy/laity, nicolaitan based pastoral system is so sickening. Is a co-heir with Christ, a prince of the Most High God a "layperson?" Give me a break...

On this earth, we are slaves, we are servants of Christ, period. Men need to get rid of their ego boosting titles that they have given themselves throughout history and read a literal translation of the bible. We are "ministrants" which means servants. Does'nt boost the ego but it builds the kingdom quite effectively. Apart from Christ we are vapor, "in him" however..what we are is mindblowing.

proofs for the statements above:

Ephesians 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in chains; that in
... for whose sake I am an ambassador in chains, desiring to declare the gospel as boldly as I should

Proverbs 13:17 A wicked messenger falls into adversity, But a ...
... A wicked messenger falleth into mischief: but a faithful ambassador is health.

Rev 5 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Romans 8:17 And if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow
and if children, then heirs too--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ
; if indeed we are sharers in Christ's sufferings, in order that we may also be ...

Rev 3: 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

We will sit in the throne of the King of Kings, with the King of Kings? Yes, that's what it says.

Here's proof of how men have butchered the KJV to boost their own ego's and their beloved nicolaitan system:

1 Tim 3-KJV-This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop?, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop? then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1 Tim 3-YLT- Stedfast is the word: If any one the oversight doth long for, a right work he desireth; 2 it behoveth, therefore, the overseer to be blameless, of one wife a husband, vigilant, sober, decent, a friend of strangers, apt to teach

Monumental difference, one is a title of nobility who lords it over mankind, the other is a fellow slave/servant who knows how things should operate within the kingdom of God and ensures things work the way they are supposed to. There are many many more examples, throughout the New Testament, look them up.

Time is a luxury, do not squander it. We are dearly loved-grace and peace