It is irrelevant to this writer what exactly is causing the changes we are seeing around us. Is it ELE-nin? Is it Nibiru? Is it earth crust displacement? Does it matter? NO. What matters is, the changes are taking place, period, end of story. I don't know if you can literally feel in your physical body that everything is not alright. I can feel it. I cant remember the last time that I have really felt good. Most days I feel "good enough" to get out of bed and do what I have to do before my strength is gone and I have to rest again. I try to take care of myself too. I run, I try to somewhat watch what I eat etc. Something is not right. I know for a fact that I am not the only person to feel this way either. I have asked around. I have observed. People all around us feel it, literally and all is not well.
This morning I was reading Rev 3 again and look what the Lord tells us about the Philadelphian church:
Rev 3 These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.
Those few sentences are loaded with meaning for us today. The 2 first things to point out to you are 1. The Lord knows you are weak. He knows that we have little strength. Got it? He knows. In spite of our little strength we are hanging on to His Word and His name. 2. We are enduring patiently. Patience by its very definition means not giving up in the face of suffering. We are weak and afflicted on every side but we endure it patiently. This has been a message you have read here for years. We must be ready to leave immediately and we must be patient enough to stay indefinitely. That is easy to understand but not easy to live out day after day.
This brings us to our next point: the wise and foolish virgins. We are talking about patience right? What was the major malfunction of the foolish virgins? They weren't prepared to wait! They did not bring oil for their lamps. They were not prepared to wait for the Bridegroom and when He tarried they ran out of oil and ended up getting left behind with the door slammed in their face.
This writer hopes and prays with all his heart that the Lord will come back for us soon. This writer has little strength. This writer is counting on the Lord day by day for the strength to make it through each day. The Lord knows we are weak, didn't He tell us that in Rev 3? He knows we are weak but He expects us to be patient in the face of our daily suffering. We are watching and ready to go, and we are ready to stay for however long it takes for our Lord to show up for us.
Have you seen the huge lava eruptions from Sakurajima Japan? Have you seen the recent 7.0 earthquake north of New Zealand? Earthquakes and volcanoes going off are signature events heralding the arrival of whatever it is coming at us from space. While the world spews an endless barrage of disinformation at us we KNOW for a fact that there are signs in the sun moon and stars coming. We know that something called wormwood is going to wreak untold havoc on this world. We know that the oceans will be roaring and the nations will be in perplexity. We know that the things coming on this world will cause mens hearts to fail them for fear. All these things are rock solid facts straight from the Word of the Lord.
Do we see the precursors for all these things around us in the world today? Yes. What does that mean? It means that the time of Jacob's trouble is likely near. It means the escape from all rapture is likely near. What happens if the rapture does not happen soon? We keep waiting.
What does the Lord tell us about the rapture?
1 Thess 4:17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Did you read that? COMFORT one another with these words. Don't you find it interesting that as the hour grows later each and every day so many "christians" have chosen to argue ad nauseum about the rapture, turning it into a reason for verbal war instead of taking it for what it clearly is, a REASON FOR COMFORT. Who said we should be comforted by the truth of the rapture? The Lord Jesus Christ said it. The rapture of the church is to comfort us. Think about it. If the next thing you have to look forward to is the anti-christ showing up and 2 billion people dying, does that comfort you? That's what the "pre-wrath" and "post-trib" folks are telling you is next on the timeline. They have no reason whatsoever to be comforted by the rapture right now, they are bracing for the anti-christ and death. I am sorry if I cannot relate in any way to their thinking.
The Bible is absolutely overflowing with the Lord's own Words to be watching and ready for HIS COMING. We are to be watching and ready for the coming of our Lord Jesus. Please show me in the Lords address to the churches in Rev 2-3 where the Lord tells us to brace ourselves for the anti-christ and the time of Jacob's trouble. Show me if you can, but you cannot show me because ITS NOT THERE. Just like the churches are addressed by name in Rev 2-3 then the Lord does not mention the churches by name again for the rest of the book of Revelation. Did the Lord forget to address the churches by name after Rev 2-3 or is there a reason why they are not mentioned by name after Rev 3? Occams razor, the simplest explanation is the best explanation. The church is not mentioned by name after Rev 3 because we are NOT HERE ANYMORE. Its simple, and its a fact.
We have no need to write 100 page papers to explain why the church is not mentioned by name after Rev 3. The "pre-wrath" and "post-trib" teachers and preachers need to write doctoral dissertations in an attempt to explain away the simple truths in the Bible.
Simple truth: the pre-tribulation rapture of the church is a fact and it is coming.
Simple truth: the Lord told us to be comforted by the truth of the rapture
Simple truth: Noah escaped all the flood of his day by being lifted high above the earth
Simple truth: Lot escaped all the fire and brimstone of his day by physical removal from Sodom
Simple truth: The flood and destruction that is coming will be upon the face of the whole world (Rev 3:10) and we will be kept from it.
Simple truth: There is an escape from all coming for those found worthy of it
Simple truth: The Lord told us to be ready for His coming not the arrival of anti-christ
Simple truth: The Lord told us to be ready for His coming and not to brace ourselves for impact with the time of Jacob's trouble.
Simple truth: Whats coming is called the time of Jacob's trouble not the time of the churches trouble.
Simple truth: The church is called out by name in Rev 2-3 then not mentioned again for the rest of the book of Revelation because we are not on the earth after the "door" is opened in heaven
Simple truth: Doors are used for people to come in and go out. A door is mentioned in Matt 25 with the wise and foolish virgins, in Rev 3 with the church that escapes and in Rev 4 when John tells us what happens after the time of the churches.
This month of September could see the rapture of the church. The feast of trumpets 2011 takes place this month as do major events with the UN, Israel and world economy and many other things. The Lord could come back for us today.
To wrap up this rambling word jumble that is this post today, here are a few things this writer has been reminded of over and over again by the Lord:
1. The parable of the virgins and the parable of the talents in Matt 25. The virgins tell us to be ready to leave but to have oil enough to wait. The talents tell us that while we wait we should do those things the Lord has given us to do. You are weak, got it, so am I. The Lord knows this. The parable of the talents tells us to do something, anything with what we have been given. Don't bury your talent and be accused of being a wicked and lazy servant. What is your talent? You and the Lord know.
2. Praise, rejoice and give thanks. You are weak and tired, so am I. Praise, rejoice and give thanks in spite of how you feel. The Lord has been good to this servant and although I rarely feel good anymore, this servant is very very VERY thankful for all the Lord has done. Praise, rejoice, give thanks.
3. Do the few things that are necessary and let the rest go. Focus on the fundamentals. We have little strength, okay so what should we do with the little strength we have? Do what needs to be done. Focus on the important few things and fade away the trivial many.
4. Pray always. Sometimes I feel bad that I dont get on my knees more to pray and worship. The Lord reminded me however that we are to be praying always, not just when we have quiet time to get on our knees in prayer.
5. Don't beat yourself up when things dont happen perfectly the way you would like them to. Be patient, be persistent. You didn't do what needed to be done yesterday? Fine, today is a new day, do what needs to be done today and forget yesterday.
6. Encourage and comfort one another. The Lord is near so be anxious for nothing. Pray for what you need. Be strong with the strength the Lord gives you today. You are weak, so am I, the Lord knows it, just don't give up.....ever. Be patient. Keep the Word of the Lord's patience we read about in Rev 3. We will be kept from the hour of temptation that is coming on the entire world.
7. If major fearful events take place in the days ahead before the Lord pulls us out of here, count on Him to see you through. Fear nothing except the Lord. The same Lord who has brought you through every trial and tribulation up to the very day will also see you through the days ahead. Pray for what you need, count on the Lord for everything. Be overflowing with thanks and rejoicing always.
This post is a rambling mess, I know. Today's post was supposed to be a mental download, not a Pulitzer prize winning work. These are the things this writer hears the Lord saying today.
Oh yes, one more thing. The places in the Word the Lord is pointing this writer to:
1 Thess 4
Keep the faith. Trust the Lord. Praise, worship rejoice. Focus on the Lord, hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches today. Grace and peace