Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Lesson From the Lord

The Lord reminded me of something obvious today.  It is obvious and I needed this piece of information but for whatever reason I was overlooking it.  Perhaps it is because in the midst of spiritual struggle (like I am in right now) things can easily be overlooked.

Anyway here it is:

A fully loaded truck uses more gas than an empty one.  No brainer right?
A person who is doing heavy physical activity 20 hours per day burns more calories than a couch potato.  Obviously.

and the lesson:

A person who is "burning faith" like a person would burn calories needs more spiritual food.  When you really need something from the Lord, when you are engaging every ounce of faith you have to see something happen you need more spiritual food than someone who isn't really engaging their faith for something.  Work requires energy, its that simple.  Spiritual work requires spiritual energy. What did the Lord teach us about this that applies?


Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"



There it is, the Lord equates the physical food we eat to the Word of God (spiritual food).  It takes faith to get things done on earth and in heaven.  This servant is like a fully loaded truck going uphill, believing for the Lord to provide for a certain situation.  I need to refuel more often with the Word of God, thats it.

Simple, but powerful as an atom bomb.  This is a teaching I needed today and the Lord delivered it.  All glory and honor be unto the Lord our God who provides for His servants.

Please, if you have a moment to pray a 3 second prayer for me and my family right now I would appreciate it.  The Lord will provide, I am certain of it.  It please Him to see us praying for each other.

grace and peace